Benefits of Legumes and Tips to Facilitate Digestion
Legumes are a very nutritious and economic food that provide you with a large amount of healthy protein. They are also rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Keep reading to find out more about the numerous health benefits of legumes below.
Despite the fact that legumes are often said to lead to weight gain or cause poor digestion, in this article we will explain all of their benefits, as well as who they are especially recommended for, and some tips to help you eat and digest them properly.
Benefits of Legumes
- They are very nutritious and rich in carbohydrates, which is why they give you a lot of energy.
- They are a very satisfying food that is highly recommended for healthy weight loss diets.
- They are rich in protein, which are essential in periods of growth, for athletes, pregnant women, etc. They don’t contain as much protein as foods from animal sources, but they are much more assimilable and healthy.
- They have a high amount of fiber, which is necessary for fighting constipation and regulating sugar and cholesterol levels in the blood.
- They are rich in minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine, and potassium.
- They contain vitamins like those from group B, which help regulate the central nervous system and prevent periods of stress, anxiety, or depression.
- They eliminate excess fluids from the body.
- They reduce the risk of contracting coronary diseases.
- They are a economical and traditional food.
- Thanks to their excellent nutritional values, you should eat legumes three times a week. If you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, then you can increase your consumption.
People who have uric acid or a tendency to suffer from gout attacks should control their consumption of legumes or consult their doctor beforehand.