Baked Broccoli and Ham Casserole, an Easy Homemade Recipe
In addition to being a delicious and easy to prepare dish, this broccoli and ham casserole gives us a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
Casseroles are always delicious.
It’s a dish that always goes well in any meeting, party, or gathering. It is easier to prepare than you imagine and adds a touch of health and nutrition to your meals. A delicious broccoli and ham casserole always comes in handy and is very easy to prepare.
How about preparing an exquisite broccoli and baked ham casserole? We are sure that you will love it, because it is a very good source of essential nutrients. The ingredients necessary to prepare this casserole, you probably already have at home, so go ahead and get down to work.
Benefits of broccoli
Probably the most important element of our broccoli and ham casserole is broccoli. Quickly, we offer you the benefits of including this cruciferous vegetable in your diet.
- Important content of vitamin A that helps strengthen the immune system.
- A serving of 200 g of broccoli (6 ½ cups) contains three times the recommended daily amount of vitamin C.
- It is a source of fiber, so it helps to have a feeling of fullness.
- It contains lutein that is an antioxidant.
- It acts as an anticancer agent due to its content of glucosinolates and sulforaphane.
- Due to its high content of folic acid, its consumption is recommended especially to pregnant women.
- Its high potassium content makes it highly recommended for hypertensive people, while its low sodium content makes it a very good natural diuretic.
Nutritional information of broccoli and ham casserole
It is very important that you review the nutritional value of this delicious dish. Because of this, apart from its flavor, you will want to repeat this homemade recipe many times.
Each serving of the casserole provides a total of 400 calories, of which 200 are from fats. This same portion contains 22 g of fat, of which 13 g are saturated fat. It also provides a total of 35 g of carbohydrates.
Among the nutrients that it provides, of which we already mentioned some, we obtain 25% of the daily value of vitamin C, 20% of vitamin A, 10% of iron, and 20% of calcium.
Easy recipe for preparing a casserole with broccoli and ham
After having seen the enormous benefits of broccoli, we proceed with the recipe to prepare a steaming and delicious baked broccoli and ham casserole.
As we mentioned at the beginning, the ingredients are very easy to obtain since you probably already have them in your pantry. To prepare this dish, you will need:
- 1 cup of raw spaghetti, cut into two-inch strips (80 g)
- A bag of frozen broccoli with three cheeses (750 g)
- ¼ cup of milk (62 ml)
- 1 cup of ham cooked and diced (200 g)
- 2 cups of Alfredo sauce (500 ml)
- 4 tablespoons drained red pepper (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese (20 g)
- First, preheat the oven to 175 ºC.
- Prepare the spaghetti as indicated on the wrap.
- Cook the frozen broccoli according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large saucepan mix the cooked broccoli, the ham, the milk, the Alfredo sauce and the peppers.
- Then add the cooked spaghetti, stir gently and cover.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes. Finally, uncover and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
In this broccoli and ham casserole we include frozen broccoli with three cheese sauce. This is because the cheese sauce with the vegetables brings a creamy consistency to the preparation. You can buy it at your favorite supermarket or store.
If you prefer, you can skip frozen broccoli and use it fresh. The only thing, is that the preparation of the casserole will take you more time, since you will have to prepare the three cheese sauce.
This dish is very traditional and is usually prepared with spaghetti and chicken or turkey. On this occasion, we have made the variation with ham although, if you prefer, you can also use turkey or chicken instead of pork.
We invite you to prepare this simple homemade casserole and tell us about it!