Underarm sweat is the body’s normal response to maintain a regular temperature, especially if it’s hot outside or you’re getting a good workout. If your sweating becomes excessive, however, it can be a real problem. Fortunately, there are some solutions to prevent underarm sweat with natural remedies.
Your body has more than 2 million sweat glands.
They are activated when it’s hot outside, when you exercise, or if you’re under stress (among a variety of other factors) to maintain your body temperature and release toxins.
Sweat, in theory, has no odor. The bad smell arises when sweat comes into contact with bacteria on the surface of your skin.
Natural remedies for underarm sweat
Although you might not believe this, certain foods can make it harder to control how much you sweat.
To prevent excessive sweating and bad odors, avoid eating the following foods:
- Spicy dishes
- Fast food
- Processed food
- Sugary foods
Increase your consumption of:
- Whole grains
- Lean meats
Reduce your caffeine intake
As you know, caffeine acts as a stimulant for your nervous system, in addition to boosting your adrenaline production and raising your body temperature.
It’s important to avoid consuming drinks and teas with too much caffeine content, such as many sodas, coffee, tea, and more.
Discover the best anti-cancer diet
Drink plenty of water to fight underarm sweat
Consuming more liquids is always a good idea. This helps you regulate your body temperature and alleviate sweating.
Don’t overdo it, however, and avoid drinking beverages that are too hot.
Among the many teas that are good for the body, sage tea is one of the healthiest.
Over the centuries, this beverage has been used to naturally treat hot flashes and night sweats.
Deodorants often eliminate odors but they don’t always stop you from sweating. This requires an antiperspirant. You can make one naturally.
- 1/2 cup of baking soda (75 g)
- 1/2 cup of corn flour (75 g)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (60 g)
- 10 drops of essential oil (anyone you choose)
- First, combine the baking soda and corn flour in a bowl.
- Then add the coconut oil essential oil, and mix until you get a homogeneous product.
- Place this mixture in a container and store it in the fridge to solidify for a few hours.
- You can apply this to the underarm area to eliminate sweat and odors.
Vinegar and lavender water
The blend of these two ingredients provides you with a very effective liquid deodorant for eliminating excessive sweating and bad smells.
- 1/2 cup of vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 cup of lavender or rosemary water (250 ml)
- Mix both ingredients together and pour into a container with a tight lid.
- Shake it once a day for a week to mix it well.
- After that time, you can start applying it.
Clogged pores and exfoliation
Occasionally, excessive sweating can be caused by clogged pores. There are natural exfoliants that will help your skin breathe better.
- Some of the most effective ingredients for exfoliation include oats, lemon juice, sea salt, and coffee grounds.
- You can choose any of these and apply them to the areas you sweat the most twice a week.
- If you choose lemon juice, however, avoid contact with sunlight because it could stain your skin.
They can help eliminate toxins that build up in the body, which lead to excessive sweating.
- Steam baths also relax your mind and body, which lowers your stress hormone levels.
- Remember that this treatment is only indicated for healthy adults.
Talc as an antiperspirant
Talcum powders have many uses. Among them, they serve to absorb moisture under the arms and eliminate the bacteria that cause bad odors.
- If you want to make some homemade talcum powder, use corn flour and a good essential oil.
- Apply it to the underarm area after a bath or a shower.