Reduce Underarm Sweat with These Home Remedies
Believe it or not, the best way to reduce underarm sweat is by increasing your water consumption. This helps you better regulate your internal body temperature.
Underarm sweat is the body’s natural response to help regulate its temperature, especially if it’s hot outside or you’re getting a good workout. However, if your sweating becomes excessive, it can be a real problem. Fortunately, there are some solutions to reduce underarm sweat with natural remedies.
Your body has more than 2 million sweat glands. They activate when it’s hot outside, when you exercise, or if you’re under stress to maintain your body temperature and release toxins.
In theory, sweat has no odor. The bad smell arises when sweat comes into contact with bacteria on the surface of your skin.
Natural remedies to reduce underarm sweat
Although you might not believe this, certain foods can make it harder to control how much you sweat. To prevent excessive sweating and bad odors, avoid eating the following foods:
- Spicy dishes
- Fast food
- Processed food
- Sugary foods
- Whole grains
- Lean meats
Reduce your caffeine intake
As you know, caffeine acts as a stimulant for your nervous system, in addition to boosting your adrenaline production and raising your body temperature.
It’s important to avoid consuming drinks and teas with too much caffeine such as soda, coffee, tea, and more.
Drink plenty of water to fight underarm sweat
Consuming more liquids helps regulate your body temperature and reduce sweat. However, you shouldn’t overdo it and you should also avoid drinking beverages that are too hot.
Sage tea is one of the healthiest teas out there. Over many centuries, this beverage has been used to naturally treat hot flashes and night sweats.
Deodorants often eliminate odors, but they don’t always stop you from sweating. This requires an antiperspirant. You can make a natural one at home.
- 1/2 cup of baking soda (75 g)
- 1/2 cup of corn flour (75 g)
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (60 g)
- 10 drops of essential oil (whichever one you like)
- First, mix the baking soda and corn flour in a bowl.
- Then, add the coconut oil and the other essential oil and mix until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Place this mixture in a container and store it in the fridge so it solidifies.
- After a few hours, apply this to your underarms to eliminate sweat and odors.
Vinegar and lavender water
These two ingredients make a very effective liquid deodorant that can reduce underarm sweat and bad odors.
- 1/2 cup of vinegar (125 ml)
- 1 cup of lavender or rosemary water (250 ml)
- Mix both ingredients together and pour into a container with a tight lid.
- Shake it once a day for a week so it mixes well.
- After that time, you can start applying it.
Clogged pores and exfoliation
Occasionally, excessive sweating can be caused by clogged pores. Fortunately, there are natural exfoliants out there that will help your skin breathe better.
This article may interest you: How to Avoid Excessive Sweating
- Some of the most effective ingredients for exfoliation include oats, lemon juice, sea salt, and coffee grounds.
- You can choose any of these and apply them to the areas you sweat the most twice a week.
- If you choose lemon juice, however, avoid sunlight because it could stain your skin.
They can help eliminate toxins that build up in the body which lead to excessive sweating and thus reduce underarm sweat.
- Steam baths also relax your mind and body, which lowers your stress hormone levels.
- Remember that this treatment is only indicated for healthy adults.
Talc as an antiperspirant
Talcum powders have many uses. They absorb moisture under the arms and eliminate the bacteria that cause bad odors.
- If you want to make some homemade talcum powder, use corn flour and a good essential oil.
- Apply it to your underarms after you take a shower.