Avoid Bloating; Don't Eat these 7 Foods!
Abdominal bloating is a condition which can cause us to appear heavier than what we really are.
Many people think that this is because of accumulated fat in the abdominal area, but there are many other factors that cause this condition.
In fact, sometimes the bloating is accompanied by digestive discomfort such as the accumulation of gas and pain. This produces the feeling of being heavy.
The origin may be associated with poor food choices. After all, many foods cause bloating when being digested.
Unfortunately, we tend to ignore which foods are causing our discomfort. Because of this, we continue to consume them daily.
In this article, we’ll you the 7 foods that are the culprit when it comes to bloating.
1.Milk and dairy products
Milk and dairy products are linked to abdominal bloating.
This is caused by a high content of lactose, a sugar that can cause digestive problems by impeding enzymes to work incorrectly in the body.
Its poor absorption causes the production of excess intestinal gas, bloating and pain.
- Replace cow’s milk with vegetable products such as almond milk or oatmeal milk.
- If you want to opt for more absorption of calcium, consume vegetables that contain this mineral.
Also see: 5 Tips to improve your digestion
2. Refined Grains
Grains that have been processed have less nutritional value.
Refined grains lose their fiber content, which is key for digestion.
They also contribute less vitamins and minerals in comparison to whole grains and, because of their gluten content, are highly likely to cause bloating.
- As much as possible, limit your consumption of refined grains, including those from bread and pizza.
- Find substitutes for grains that are whole grains, free of gluten.
3. Raw vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables are full of essential nutrients. As well as being low in calories, they also help you stay healthy.
Unfortunately, the problem is that they also contain polysaccharides known as raffinose. When digested, they ferment and produce gas.
This, of course, implies an inflammatory action in the abdomen, which is difficult to treat.
- Limit the consumption of these types of vegetables, incorporating them into your diet only once a week.
- Eat them raw or steamed.
4. Lunch meats
Lunch meats always look fresh and are a fast and delicious option.
However, what few people know is that a great variety of chemicals and fats that aren’t good for your health are hidden in these products.
Their continual consumption produces an inflammatory reaction in the body, affecting articular and digestive health.
Besides, they contain too much salt and can cause fluid retention and metabolic ailments.
- Replace these processed meats with lean meats such as chicken or turkey.
- Avoid food that contain these added ingredients.
5. Fried foods
Fried foods are one of the most common causes of bloating. This isn’t just because they increase the accumulation of gas, but also because they slow down the digestion and increase cholesterol levels.
- Completely avoid fried processed foods, chips and similar products.
- When cooking at home, use olive olive oil or sunflower seed oil.
Condiments add flavor to food. In small amounts, they provide interesting benefits for your health.
It’s not good when they’re consumed in large quantities, especially when combined with 2 or more varieties.
These irritate the lining of the stomach. When they produce an inflammatory reaction, they cause acid reflux and gas.
- Add only small amounts of condiments to your dishes.
- Avoi combining too many different spices at the same time.
- Limit your consumption of spicy condiments, such as pepper and chile.
7. BeansWe can’t deny that beans are delicious and great for a healthy diet.
They’re an important resource of vegetable protein, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals.
Due to this, eating beans can cause inflammation because of their polysaccharide content.
- Only consume them occasionally, in moderate proportions.
- Cook well to avoid undesirable digestive reactions.
Do you tend to include these foods in your diet? If so, it’s probable that this is the reasons you frequently get bloated. Limit your consumption of these foods and opt for other foods that are lighter.It might interest you...