Artichokes Stuffed with Rice: 3 Recipes
Would you like to learn how to prepare delicious artichokes stuffed with rice? If you’re looking for a healthy, low-calorie, nutrient-filled recipe, you can’t miss the three options we’ll share with you below.
As you may have heard, artichokes are vegetables with many interesting benefits. Not only do they have diuretic properties, but they’re also rich in fiber and help regulate digestion. In addition, they’re low in calories and are an important source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
3 recipes to prepare artichokes stuffed with rice
There are several ways to prepare artichokes stuffed with rice for the whole family using healthy ingredients. Although the amount of calories can vary from one recipe to another, in general, their caloric content is low. What’s more, they can be added to diets aimed at losing weight. So, are you ready to give them a try?
1. Artichokes stuffed with curried rice
With these delicious artichokes filled with curried rice you can offer your family a lunch rich in B vitamins, calcium, sodium, and potassium. In addition, thanks to its content of complex carbohydrates, it’s also high in energy.
- 8 medium artichokes
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 asparagus
- 1/2 cup of rice (100g)
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Curry powder
- White pepper
- 1 egg
- Grated cheese
- To begin with, clean and cut the artichokes, and cook them in water with a splash of lemon and salt for 30 minutes.
- Then, cut the carrot, onion, garlic, bell pepper, and asparagus to make the filling.
- Separately, in a frying pan, add the olive oil and pour in the chopped vegetables. Leave for approximately 15 minutes.
- Then, add the rice and stir everything so that it cooks with the vegetables. Add the teaspoon of curry powder and sufficient water (2 times the amount of rice).
- Then, leave everything in the frying pan for 20 minutes at medium heat.
- Add salt and a bit of pepper to adjust the flavor.
- Then, stuff the artichokes.
- Beat one egg and put it on top of the filling. To finish, add some grated cheese and put it in the oven for 30 minutes, at a temperature of 400ºF.
2. Artichokes stuffed with brown rice and ricotta
This version of the artichokes stuffed with rice is one of the most special. Since it contains brown rice, it provides more fiber and is very beneficial to digestion. Therefore, it can be prepared both at lunch and dinner.
- 3 laurel leaves
- Salt (the necessary)
- 1/2 cup of brown rice (100g)
- Mushrooms (50 g, 2 oz)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (7 ml)
- Ricotta cheese (50 g, 2 oz)
- 3 medium-sized artichokes
- Water (whatever you need)
- 2 tablespoons of almond flour (30 g)
- First, heat a pot with water, salt, and bay leaves. Once it boils, add the brown rice and cook for about 35 minutes.
- Then, clean and chop the mushrooms. Sauté them in a pan with olive oil and add the rice and ricotta cheese.
- Be sure to season well, while mixing everything so that it’s well integrated.
- Then, remove the outer leaves of the artichokes and cut the base.
- Put them to boil in abundant water, until they soften a little.
- Then, open the leaves and add the stuffing inside.
- Then, prepare an oven dish with a little olive oil and arrange the artichokes inside.
- To finish, sprinkle with almond flour and bake at 350ºF for about 25 minutes.
3. Artichokes with rice and carrot
For this recipe to be perfect, it’s important to know how to choose your artichokes. That’s why, when buying them at the market, choose the most tender and closed ones. These characteristics are a clear indicator of their freshness and good condition.
- 6 medium artichokes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup raw grated carrot (100 g)
- 1/2 cup cooked rice with onions and garlic (100 g)
- 1 egg
- First, boil the artichokes in water until they’re tender.
- Next, mash the rice and stir it with the carrot and soy sauce.
- When the mixture is ready, open the cooked artichokes, removing the most tender leaves.
- Then, stuff the artichokes and dip them in a mixture of egg and breadcrumbs.
- Fry them in hot oil until they’re golden.
- To finish, if you wish, serve them with mayonnaise or peanut sauce.
Thanks to the versatility of artichokes, you can make a variety of recipes to share with your family. The best thing is that you can make all sorts of rice variations to fill them with – the possibilities are endless! So, what are you waiting for?!It might interest you...