In this article, discover why apple cider vinegar is a wonderful supplement for weight loss and how you should take it in order to get the most from its benefits.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from fermenting the sugars found in apples. It can also be made from apple cider. Its aroma and flavor are intense and have fruity tones, which come from its malic acid content.
The fermentation process can take place through different ways:
- Naturally: This is the traditional method that happens with the fruit’s own yeast. Naturally-fermented vinegar is the kind we recommend because it’s a raw fermented food with plenty of health benefits.
- Selected yeasts: Makers add different types of salts and products to this kind of vinegar and then pasteurize it. As a result, the vinegar looses a big portion of its medicinal properties.
We recommend that you read: Apple Cider Vinegar Beauty Secrets that You Should Know
Vinegar for healthy weight loss
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful remedy for easy and healthy weight loss. It doesn’t require that you stop eating or miss out on cravings, either.
Apple cider vinegar redirects ingested sugars to the muscles instead of fat zones. As a result, we can enjoy the following benefits:
- Reduces blood sugar levels, compensates for the sugars that we consume and reduces the anxiety that comes from eating sweets.
- Improves insulin resistance and prevents waist line from expanding.
- Lowers triglyceride levels in the bloodstream.
- Reduces abdominal fat.
- Speeds up metabolism and increases the amount of calories burned.
- Has a satisfying effect that slows down the digestive process and helps us eat less without ending up hungry.
- Purifies thus aids in the elimination of toxins and unhealthy fats.
You’ll get the best results if you follow a balanced diet and exercise two or three times a week.
How do you take it?
In addition to using it as a condiment for our dishes, if we want to boost its effects for weight loss, we should take it as follows:
- 1 cup of water (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of naturally-fermented apple cider vinegar (30 ml)
- Pinch of baking soda
- Mix all of the ingredients and drink the mixture half and hour before every meal.
- The most effective time to take it is at the beginning of the day, on an empty stomach.
- The water can be cold or warm.
- If you prefer, you can add a little honey to the mixture.
It’s crucial to always drink vinegar diluted in water (or mixed with foods) so that we don’t suffer from digestive problems.
Baking soda helps us neutralize the vinegar’s acids in case you have a sensitive stomach. It’ll also protect the enamel on your teeth.
Apple cider vinegar, in addition to its slimming action, boasts other health qualities. These include:
- Alkaline effects: Apple cider vinegar fights acidity that inclines us to suffer from any illness.
- Anti-inflammatory effects: It reduces inflammation, thus, reducing related pains.
- Digestive and laxative effects: Improves the digestive process, fights acid and aids bowel movements.
- It lowers high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- It regulates body’s pH levels.
- In addition, it keeps your teeth and the mouth healthy.
- It also combats kidney stones.
- It prevents seasonal allergies.
- Plus, it strengthens the immune system and acts as a natural antibiotic.
- It prevents urinary infections.
- It improves liver function.
You can also use diluted apple cider vinegar topically on your skin and hair. Or, you can also use it to eliminate fungus or warts by using it continually.
On a culinary level, apple cider vinegar is an excellent ingredient. It:
- Helps us highlight flavors of food without having to add so much salt.
- Extends the life of produce and prevents bacterial growth.
- Allows us to marinate raw foods, such as vegetables, meats or fish.
- Is a natural disinfectant. In addition to using as a condiment, you can use it to clean the vegetables for your salads.