All The Times I’ve Thought of Leaving Everything Behind
Sometimes leaving everything isn’t an act of cowardice, but completely the opposite. When the things that surround you become hostile, it’s time to make a change for the better
Leaving everything behind doesn’t mean putting an end to what you have now. Far from giving this phrase a negative or fatalistic connotation, sometimes you just say it with a sigh, as if you’re yearning to start something new.
Leaving everything is sometimes the same as “starting over.” In its own right, that phrase can have a lot of interesting dimensions.
“Pressing the restart button” means starting all over again, keeping your essence but allowing yourself to take a step into the unknown. This is an act of courage and may even be a personal necessity.
Of course, you shouldn’t take an argument or a moment of weakness as an indication that you should “leave everything behind.” That’s the wrong thing to do.
In today’s article, we want to give you a guide for these important moments. During moments of personal crisis, a change can be the best solution for a deep and irreparable unhappiness.
Your sole purpose at all times must always be the same: to improve yourself as a human being, take care of your emotions, be comfortable with who you are, and maintain your well-being.
Below are a few keys factors that you should take into consideration.
When leaving everything behind is your only option
There are times when you feel like a boat that’s adrift. It’s as though life has you going against the current and you’ve lost control of everything.
Read this article too: “True strength is measured by courage “
- Having a job that violates your rights as a person
- Living in a painful or toxic relationship where you wind up losing your self-esteem
- Being a part of a family that doesn’t respect or value you
All of the examples above perfectly describe those complex moments that are marked by frustration and discouragement.
When your immediate situation is hindering you, it’s necessary to respond. You have to say “no” to renouncing yourself on a daily basis, to sacrificing your dignity until you’re left with nothing.
There are times in your life when it’s necessary to do this. Leaving everything behind becomes the only option.
How to determine whether or not to take this step
As mentioned at the beginning of this article, don’t use a moment of difficulty as an excuse to launch a permanent response.
Everyone has their differences with those around them. Likewise, you will go through certain times in life that are more complex than others, with friction at work and those classic ups and downs with your partner.
Complicated moments can sometimes be personal challenges that you need to learn how to overcome.
However, there are plenty of ideas that can help you decide whether you need to continue fighting or start leaving some things behind.
- Delve into your roots, your essence. In spite of how difficult your life is right now, your inner voice is the one that will tell you if it’s worth it to continue fighting.
- If you’re in a serious relationship, you need to analyze several different aspects. See if the other person has invested the same efforts, dreams, and emotions as you have.
- Look at the balance of your relationship. If you are always on the same side of the argument, always the one who backs down from the tears or attacks, then you’re left with no other option.
If there is no respect, then your love isn’t sincere. For some reason, if your love isn’t sincere, then it’s time to start all over again.
Leave it all behind: an act of courage
If someone doesn’t love you, don’t beg for their love in return. When you see that the bond you have built with your family is based on emotional blackmail, put some distance between you.
If you notice that your work is affecting your health, then it’s time to take action. However, there are times when all of these dimensions can become intertwined with one another.
Check this article too: “The 10 door personality test“
A bad job, a tough personal relationship, or the lack of support from those around you can force you to “press the restart button”. Doing so will be an act of courage that defines you.
Don’t forget: you’re the pillar of your own life. If you allow yourself to fail, everything else will collapse. So what you need to do is the following:
Key factors to change
- Tell those around you about your situation. Be assertive and talk openly about your needs, how you feel, what you’re going through.
- If you don’t see any changes, if the situation remains the same in spite of clarifying your feelings, then it’s time to move forward.
- Cry if you need to and relieve your emotional burden, but also try to visualize something. Imagine how you’d like to see yourself in the upcoming months. Think of yourself being happy, calm, and in balance.
- This is what you deserve: calmness. Put an end to your troubles. To achieve this, you have no other choice: leave everything behind and create a new horizon for your life.
All you need to do is be realistic. Be aware that this is not going to be an easy road, but whatever you’re going to find will be worth it.