Here are some tips on how to clean and maintain healthy kidneys, one of the most important organs in our body!
In reality, there’s no way of knowing if your kidneys are in need of cleaning, although those who undergo kidney cleaning or detoxification treatment say that they feel much better afterwards and many ailments tend to go away, such as strong headaches, fatigue, abdominal pain and skin problems.
During the detoxification process, keep in mind that some people may experience severe headaches. However, you shouldn’t be discouraged, or worse, stop the treatment, as these symptoms are very common and normal to experience during detoxification therapy.
How do you know if you need to clean your kidneys?
Although there’s no procedure that can tell you if your kidneys are in need of cleaning, there are certain warning signals and conditions that can help lead you to consider this kind of treatment.
If you have kidney stones, or if you suffer from fluid retention, kidney infections, or Type II diabetes, then a kidney cleaning treatment could be beneficial, although these are only some of the reasons why your kidneys might need cleaning.
A kidney cleaning regimen should only be undertaken if recommended and supervised by a specialist, who will usually suggest that you drink plenty of liquids, especially water, to help eliminate all of the toxins found in the kidneys. Drinking water is a great way to guarantee that your kidneys are functioning correctly. Ideally, you should drink eight glasses per day, or two liters.
In order ensure you get the most out of your cleaning treatment, you should eat a low-protein diet as well as eliminate dairy products, chicken, fish and shellfish.
It is also important to avoid caffeine, chocolate, and all other foods that increase the build-up of calcium oxalate and uric acid in the kidneys, causing formation of kidney stones.
How can you detoxify your kidneys?
Many herbs boast spectacular natural health benefits. If you’re cleaning your kidneys, you should try to incorporate a variety of plants into your diet, such as:
– Horsetail: This can be taken in teas to stimulate function of the kidneys and the urinary tract.
– Juniper, dandelion, ginger, nettle, parsley, red clover, goldenrod, mallow root: all of these herbs have excellent health benefits when treating kidney problems, and all can be taken as a tea. Additionally, you can combine these herbs in different ways, which will increase their effectiveness.
Here are several different foods that can help maintain kidney health:
- Nuts and seeds
All these foods are vital for our bodies when it comes to keeping our organs healthy, especially kidneys.
Despite the importance of undergoing a kidney cleaning treatment, make sure you don’t do it too often, as this can actually be actually harmful for your health and lead to bigger problems. Thus, before starting this kind of treatment, you should always consult a specialist who can tell you what sort of treatment you need as well as how often, so that you can be sure you’re doing it correctly.
How do you prevent kidney problems?
For the prevention of kidney problems, your first and best option is water, because it’s very important to keep your body constantly hydrated. You can reduce your chances of getting kidney infections simply by staying hydrated. As we said before, watermelon is one of the best foods to maintain healthy kidneys, as it’s packed with water, basically a diuretic, and recommended as a natural remedy to prevent kidney problems.
To prevent kidney disease, in particular kidney stones, you should avoid alcoholic beverages, beets, chard, spinach, soy, wheat germ, peanuts, and, as stated before, chocolate is also very harmful to kidney health.
Natural remedies for kidney stones
If, in spite of taking preventative measures, you still find yourself with kidney stones, you can turn to some of the following natural remedies:
- Mix a little olive oil with lemon zest and a bit of apple cider vinegar; take a spoonful and the pain goes away. If the pain returns, you can repeat the process every hour.
- Passion fruit juice is also very useful in eliminating kidney stones.
- Another very effective remedy is a dandelion root infusion, which can be taken two or three times a day.
- Magnesium is another substance which can help prevent the growth of kidney stones, avoiding the painful symptoms that they cause. A quantity of three hundred milligrams a day is enough. It’s important to know which foods provide these benefits and include them in your diet. It’s a simple way to keep stones out of your body.
When you’re dealing with an organ as important as your kidneys, it’s important to take all the preventative steps necessary. As the old saying goes, “better safe than sorry”.