Adhesive Strip to Remove Blackheads from Your Nose
Women often look for ways to remove blackheads from their noses to show off clean skin. These small imperfections are sometimes unsightly. In fact, they’re small black dots that appear when pores become clogged by excess oil, dead skin cells, and dirt particles from the environment.
There are solutions to minimize their appearance to achieve smoother, brighter, and healthier skin. Among these, adhesive strips that penetrate deep into the pores to make cleaning them easier have become popular. Here’s an interesting way to make them at home. Are you interested? Take a look!
Appearance of blackheads
Once the pore becomes clogged, the skin’s natural oils don’t flow normally to the surface. When exposed to oxygen, a hardness is created that takes on a dark color.
However, despite the appearance it gives the skin, dirt and oil aren’t its exact source. As expert Jonette E. Keri rightly points out, blackheads are most often caused by hormonal changes (especially those related to androgens).
However, they’re also a negative reaction to the excessive use of makeup and some cosmetic products that mix with the skin’s natural oils.
Adhesive strip to remove blackheads from the nose
As the following project developed in 2018 by Universitas Negeri Jakarta well demonstrates. Adhesive strips to remove blackheads have been gaining popularity for quite some time. They’re an appealing option for a lot of people because they leave the skin feeling clean and fresh within minutes.
There exists a 100% natural method you can use to obtain similar benefits. It’s made using unflavored gelatin and milk, which forms a sticky adhesive to remove impurities from your nose.
Its astringent and nourishing properties regulate excess oil production while providing smoothness and firmness. In fact, it’s recommended if you have open pores and often suffer from pimples in this area. In addition, it can be an excellent ally against blackheads that form in the so-called T-zone of the face.
Please read: 5 home remedies for blackheads
How to make an adhesive strip to remove blackheads
Once the properties of this method have been explained, we will tell you how to prepare the strips to eliminate these small imperfections.
- 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin powder (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of skim milk (10 ml)
- Activated charcoal powder (optional)
- 1 container
- 1 tablespoon measure
- A small brush, or an eyeshadow brush
- Place the gelatin powder in a microwavable bowl and mix in the milk.
- Stir with a spoon and be sure everything is smooth and well-integrated.
- If you think the paste is too dry, add an extra teaspoon of milk.
- Place the mixture in the microwave and heat for about 15 seconds.
- If you decide to add in a pinch of activated charcoal, mix it in with the warm mixture.
- After it sits for a few minutes, you’ll have a thick black paste that’s ready to go on your nose.
Want to know more? See: Natural Remedies Dry Eyes
How to apply
These products are of natural origin. Therefore, it’s important that to rule out any type of allergy or side effect, you apply a test of the mixture (for example, on the wrist). Once you’ve checked that there are no reactions, follow the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is clean your skin using a cleansing wipe or some neutral soap.
- Once your face is clean, spread a thin layer of this product until it covers the entire area affected by blackheads.
- You can use a clean eyeshadow brush to ensure that the area is perfectly covered.
- Allow it to act for 20 minutes and when fully dry, pull the band quickly from one end to the other to remove blackheads. Try to be careful performing this step because too much force can be harsh on your skin.
- After the strip is removed, rinse your face with cold water and apply a moisturizing lotion to prevent further dryness.
- If you notice an allergic reaction, remove the strip immediately and avoid future use.
A natural ally to remove blackheads
Don’t forget that this treatment can be done a maximum of twice a week, since excess use can alter the activity of the sebaceous glands.
As you’ve read, with basic ingredients, you’ll make an effective ally to remove those blackheads that make your face look dirty. Get ready to try it at home and enjoy its benefits.It might interest you...