Abdominal Routine to Help Improve the Appearance of Your Abs
Here's an abdominal routine that will help you get ready to show off your abs at the beach. Remember that you also need an appropriate diet for perfect abs.
In general, when summer comes around, most of us want to show off a beautiful figure and a flat tummy. How can we achieve that? With an excellent abdominal routine, of course. If you want to reduce belly fat and tone your abs, experts most commonly recommend crunches and other ab exercises. But there are other alternatives, too. Find out more in this article.
You must know that doing crunches doesn’t just help you burn fat. This essential part of a complete abdominal routine also helps you strengthen and tone your tummy muscles.
To be able to lose pounds and inches, you also need to follow a healthy diet. This is the only way you’ll gain fast and lasting results. Work the muscle groups of your abdomen and tone that six pack that looks great on both men and women.
Also See: Fruits and Plants for Weight Loss
It’s important that you rotate and vary the exercises, so that your body doesn’t get used to the same old abdominal routine. There are hundreds of options to work the body. These will also help to burn that extra fat you might be keeping stored up.
This routine helps work out all the regions of the abs. It includes the following exercises:
- Sitting with your back straight, push your chest out. Support your body with your hands behind you and lift your legs. Bend your knees all the way to your abdomen or chest while you do this. Alternate bending and stretching each leg so that your right elbow touches the left knee and vice versa.
- Lay face up and place your hands under your buttocks. Lift and lower your legs, always straight. When you bring them down, squeeze your tummy.
- In the same position as the last exercise, extend your legs upward and let them fall to the sides without touching the ground. Do three sets of fifteen reps each.
- Lay face down and place your hands on the sides of your head, lift your back a bit. Your legs should be as still as possible so the force is centered around your lumbar area.
- To work your waist, get on your feet and take a broom stick or a pole. Keep it behind your head and take both ends. Squeeze the tummy and lean towards the left of your torso, then go back to the initial position and do 4 sets of 20 reps before moving on to the right side.
Read Also: Remedies for Perfect Feet
Here’s another abdominal routine that helps you toward your goal of better-looking abs and a flat tummy:
- Do “traditional” crunches. By, this, we mean you should lay down facing upwards and bend the knees to plant the soles of your feet on the ground. Lift and lower the upper part of your body, with your hands behind your neck or crossed over your chest. Do 4 sets of 50 repetitions.
- Use a horizontal fixed pole to work on the lower part of the abs. Hold on to the pole and let your body “hang” in a vertical position. Lift the legs and bend the knees so they touch your chest. This requires much more effort than other exercises but it’s very effective. 4 sets of 10 reps should be enough per session.
- This exercise is known as the plank. You have to support your body with only your forearms and the tips of your feet on the floor and stay as still as possible. Squeeze your tummy as much as you can and hold at least for a minute.
- Lastly, lay face down to work out the lumbar area. Try to lift your back as much as you can. You can use a bench so your torso is suspended in the air, which makes the exercise is more effective. Do 15 repetitions for each of 3 sets.
- The first of these exercises to tone the abs is the curl. Lay on a bench with your legs “hanging” from the knees down. Keep both arms behind your ears. Squeeze the ab muscles and lift the torso. Be careful not to strain your back, lift with your abs. Do 4 sets of 30 reps.
- The second is called the decline curl. You need to tilt the bench so your head is touching the ground. Cross your arms on your chest. Lift the torso 45 degrees. Start a lifting movement forward until you get to the initial position. Your back always straight.
- The fourth exercise in this routine for a slimmer tummy is called knee flex on bench. Sit on the edge of a bench tilted back slightly. Support yourself on your forearms. Extend your legs forward and then bend the knees toward your abs. Stretch to the last position and do 3 sets of 15 reps.
- The fifth exercise is called “leg lift.” Lay down and place both hands on the edge of the bench while lifting your legs, always keeping them straight. When you lower your legs, make sure you don’t touch the bench. This is for your lower abs.
- The last exercise is called side bends with weights. These work out your obliques. While standing, take a weight in each hand and leave your arms at your sides. Make a sideways movement until the weight touches your knee. Go back to the initial position and repeat for the other side.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article on the best abdominal routine to help improve the appearance of your abs!