Most people aren’t aware of this, but it’s believed that 90% of diseases and problems with weight gain are associated with an unhealthy colon.
This organ plays a critical role in your overall health, as its job is to remove all the toxins and unneeded waste from the body. Over the long term, these substances can cause serious health problems.
People who have poor digestion can accumulate a large amount of food waste in their colon, which after exposure to the high temperatures inside the body can actually ferment and putrefy after more than two days.
Toxins that accumulate in the intestines can pass to the liver via the aorta and are distributed throughout the body through the bloodstream, causing serious problems for your skin and various chronic diseases.
Problems that an unhealthy colon can cause
The colon is part of your body’s natural detox system, in which it plays a very important role.
While you may have very good digestion normally, it’s important that you perform a regular detox to remove all the buildup – if you don’t, it can be absorbed into the bloodstream and cause serious illness.Among the many problems of having an unhealthy colon are:
- Weight gain
- Changes in mood
- Constipation or slow intestinal transit
- Backaches or headaches
- Loss of energy
- Weakened immune system
- Loss of appetite
- Bad breath or body odor
- Skin spots
- Acne or blackheads
- Stress, insomnia, and anxiety
- Various types of cancer
- Hair loss
- Varicose veins
See also: Cleanse Your Colon with Medicinal Herbs
Why is it important to cleanse your colon?Our modern lifestyle choices have had consequences – like problems with digestion and proper disposal of waste. This has led to a greater accumulation of toxins and other substances that are harmful to the body.
Without maintaining a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and generally adopting a healthier lifestyle, your digestive system can have trouble ridding itself of all the unneeded byproducts of the food you eat, which will gradually build up in your colon.
The result of this build up can be the accumulation of five to 25 pounds of waste stored in your large intestine!
This causes bacteria and toxins to spread throughout your body by way of the blood vessels that are present in the walls of your intestines, resulting in chronic health problems in all of your body’s major organs.
How do you know that your colon needs to be cleansed?
You can be sure it’s time to perform a colon cleanse when you start to experience some telltale symptoms, including the following:
- Heaviness in the stomach
- Fatigue and low energy levels
- Gas and bloating
- Slow digestion and excess stomach acid
- Weight gain and food cravings
- Allergies to certain foods
- Frequent headaches
- Trouble sleeping
- Bad breath and constant thirst
- Frequent colds with heavy mucus
- Skin problems, including rashes, acne, or dryness
- Red eyes or bags under the eyes
- Hair loss
How do you cleanse your colon?In order to cleanse your colon it’s important that you change your habits and be aware that you can literally poison your body by eating the wrong foods.
Some of the things you can do to cleanse your digestive system and improve your overall quality of life include:
- Eating a healthy breakfast every day, in particular foods that are high in fiber and water.
- Drinking a glass of water with lemon juice on an empty stomach.
- Improving your overall diet by increasing your consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and water.
- Get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. This good habit improves your entire body and promotes good digestion.
- In some cases, it can be very useful to take an enema to facilitate your colon cleanse. You can make them using coffee or just saline solution. The most important thing is that you learn to administer them correctly to avoid any complications.
Visit this article: How to Cleanse your Intestines
Special juice to cleanse the colonGiven the above recommendations, you can also promote the cleansing of your colon with a combination of natural juices that have detoxifying properties. This juice combines the benefits of pineapple, cucumber, and aloe for an ideal colon cleanse.
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 pineapple slices
- 1 cucumber
- 1 apple
- Aloe vera gel
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and lemon, and add it to the blender with two slices of pineapple, a peeled and chopped cucumber, an apple, and the gel from one leaf of the aloe vera plant.
- Blend all ingredients for a few minutes, adding water if needed. Drink this juice on an empty stomach for 15 days.