Hair loss can be a real problem for those who suffer from it. Not only does it affect your self-esteem, it can also be a symptom of a health issue. There are many treatments and tips for preventing hair loss. In today’s article we want to share the easiest and most effective ways to fight hair loss.
Tips to fight hair loss
1-Choose a natural shampooIn the short term, your shampoo can give your hair the effect or look you want. In the long term, however, it might damage your hair if it’s made with certain synthetic ingredients.
We recommend choosing a natural shampoo. Although the immediate results might not look so spectacular, it will prevent hair loss over time.
Sulfates and silicones added to shampoo can make your hair look perfect after you wash it, both soft and shiny. You’ll notice, however, that your hair gets dirty more easily and becomes either oily or dry over a short period of time.
Natural shampoos are usually made with coconut oil, aloe vera, essential oils, plant extracts, etc.
Do you want to know more? See: Home treatments for hair loss
2-Don’t wash your hair every day
It’s not a great idea to wash your hair every day because it will weaken it and alter the balance of oils on your scalp. In addition, wet hair falls out more easily.
If you feel it’s necessary, try to limit yourself to washing your hair every other day.
3-Learn to take care of your hairYour hair is a part of your body and you should treat it with the same care and affection as the rest of you:
- Brush it gently and regularly. Try to use brushes made with natural materials, as they’re more beneficial to your scalp and will prevent frizz.
- Avoid the excessive use of hair dryers and curling irons, which can break and weaken the hair.
- If you pull it back very often, try not to make your bun or pony tail too tight.
- Don’t abuse products like hair gels, waxes, or mousse.
4-Massage your scalp
One of the best tips for preventing hair loss is to massage your scalp every day. This will also promote the growth of new hair.
- Use your fingertips to massage the scalp with medium pressure and in small circular motions, from your forehead to the back of the neck.hair
- The best time for this is just before going to bed, for five to 10 minutes.
- You’ll notice a pleasant tingling feeling afterward as a result of stimulating your circulation.
5-Should you take a supplement?There are plenty of vitamin and mineral supplements for fighting hair loss. Keep the following issues in mind, however:
- These supplements are effective if you have a nutritional deficiency. If your hair loss is caused by genetics or as a result of a health problem, you probably won’t notice any difference.
- Always take supplements under the supervision of a professional, as certain vitamins may be harmful in excess.
- Some of the most beneficial nutrients for hair are biotin, zinc, and silicon.
- Take these only when needed.
6-Drink plenty of water
This simple habit has multiple benefits and can help improve your hair health. All you need to do is drink two liters of water a day, in addition to beverages with your meals.
7-Reduce your salt and dairy intakeWhat you eat is very important. To prevent hair loss, you should try to eliminate salt and dairy products from your diet.
This can have positive impacts on both your hair and your health.
Visit this article: 8 tricks for spectacular hair
8-Try essential oils
Certain essential oils are very good for your hair. You can add them to your shampoo, conditioner, or mask, or you can use them while massaging your scalp.
In this case, we suggest mixing them with extra virgin coconut oil.
We recommend the following essential oils:
- Tea tree
9-Eliminate stressStress is one of the worst enemies of your health and can have very negative impacts on your body. Hair loss is one of the most common ones.
If you’re going through a time of nervousness, irritability, anxiety, or stress, we recommend making changes in your lifestyle to resolve it.
Yoga, meditation, playing sports, swimming, or going on a trip can all be helpful.