9 Tips to Tone Your Glutes the Smart Way
For firm, toned, and shapely glutes, you need a balanced diet combined with targeted exercises. And don't forget to stretch and let your muscles rest between sessions.
Today, exercising regularly is hugely fashionable, not just to achieve a great figure, but also to help you feel great on the inside. This is a really positive trend, motivating people do adopt a more active lifestyle, and leave their sedentary habits far behind. One of its benefits is that it allows you to strengthen and tone your glutes.
Today, we’ll share 9 smart tips to help you do this, and make sure you use your time and effort wisely.
1. Take your measurements and set a goal
The first step towards any goal is always finding motivation. When you decide to start toning part of your body, seeing results is one of the greatest rewards, and motivates you to keep going.
In this case, you should measure your glutes at the hips before starting. You could also take photos from different angles.
This will help you document your current measurements and what you want to achieve in, for example, 6 months. That way, you’ll be able to see your hard work paying off.
Read this too: How to Reduce Fat from the Thighs and Abdomen
2. What is your body type?
When it comes to strengthening your glutes, it’s not just about the time you dedicate to exercise on a daily basis, but also about consistency, the exercises you use, muscle tension and contraction, as well as a number of other factors, such as hormones, diet etc.
Your individual body type, lifestyle habits, and the way you exercise will all determine how long it takes for you to start seeing results.
It’s important to remember that consistency is the key to success. Take your time, stick to your routine, and enjoy the journey.
3. Different exercises for your glutes and thighs
There are many types of exercises out there for your glutes. But to do it the smart way, keep the following tips in mind:
- Most glute exercises are for toning. But if you want to increase the muscle mass, you must use weights.
- Always increase weight gradually to avoid injury.
- As you do the exercise, make sure you’re not overloading other parts of your body, like your back or knees.
- Muscles need to rest in order to grow, so three sessions a week will be more than enough.
- Do different exercises in order to work each of the muscles that make up your glutes, like the gluteus minimus.
- Drinking water while exercising is essential.
- It’s also vital to breathe properly, inhaling during times of relaxation and exhaling during times of effort.
Find out more exercises for your glutes: 5 Simple Exercises For Your Glutes
4. Do stretches
Before and after each training session, it’s important to stretch all the target muscles properly. This is not only important for avoiding injury, but also for increasing muscle mass.
5. Include protein-rich foods in your diet
If you want to gain muscle, you need to make sure you eat enough protein every day. However, don’t go overboard eating meat.
You could opt for fish or eggs, as well as plant-based protein. You can also find all kinds of vegan protein powders, whether pea, hemp, seeds, oat, rice, etc.
- Having a serving of protein a half hour after exercising can be very effective. However, keep in mind that to find a diet that meets all your needs, the best thing to do is consult with a nutritionist.
6. Food high in healthy fats
A varied and balanced diet brings with it many benefits, in both the long and short term, helping to keep us healthy and well-nourished.
Some of the most beneficial healthy fats can be found in foods such as:
- Oily fish
- Egg yolk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Ghee or clarified butter
- Nuts, especially macadamia nuts
* The idea is to incorporate these ingredients in moderation. This will help you to stay in good condition, and allow you to achieve goals such as strengthening and toning your glutes.
7. Ask your doctor about supplements
It’s said that certain supplements can help you gain muscle mass, tone the body and strengthen your glutes. To choose the right supplement and learn how to use them properly, the best thing to do is consult with a doctor, nutritionist or personal trainer.
Some of the most common supplements contain ingredients such as:
8. Watch your posture and muscle tension
You should never exercise to the point where you’re in so much pain that you’re unable to move. To avoid this, it’s important to watch your posture and muscle tension.
Check this article out: 6 Techniques for Better Posture
9. Specific creams
Lastly, there are certain creams out there that could help increase the size of your glutes. However, it’s important to pick high-quality creams made with natural ingredients like phytoestrogens and vegetable oils.
Another important thing to remember is that for these creams to be effective, you’ll need to use them regularly, while maintaining a healthy exercise routine and other good lifestyle habits.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to stay consistent, and get a healthy, toned body in no time.
Principal image courtesy of wikiHow.com