9 Pressure Points that Will Help You Relieve Pain
You may not believe it, but putting pressure on certain parts of your body can be very useful for helping you relieve different pains. This is because everything in your body is interconnected.
Currently, we’re much more preoccupied with both our physical and mental health than we used to be. However, there are times when you’ll feel bad both physically and psychologically for one reason or another. Knowing your pressure points may be a remedy to feel better.
When people feel bad, the first thing they usually do is self-medicate. This happens when you have a light headache, sore throat, or stomach pain. So, when they see a doctor, it’s because they feel a much stronger pain.
Not everyone knows what kind of pains and diseases are tied to your body’s nerves.
So, when it’s not that strong, there are some pains you can treat yourself. Those include headaches, sore throats, and stomach pains. Plus, you can treat them with techniques that have been given to us thanks to Eastern medicine.
In this article, we’ll show you some massages and techniques that you can use. These depend on the kind and area of the pain.
1. Massage for throat pain
One of the most common pains to suffer from is throat pain. To calm this pain, all you have to do is scratch your ears every day.
- This is because the stimulation of the nerves that are on the inner part of your ears.
- When you scratch them daily, you cause an involuntary reflex that relieves irritation and itching in your throat through a muscular spasm.
2. Massage for relieving stomach pain
Another one of the common problems is that many people have stomach pain in their day-to-day lives.
- To relieve slight discomfort, all you have to do is tap your stomach forcefully with your thumb.
- When you do this, the nerve endings in your thumb will help to balance your breathing.
This helps you get rid of stomach pain. This is especially true of stomach pain caused by a lot of stress that you face in your day to day life.
When you do this, the nerve endings in your thumb will help to balance your breathing. Then, your heart rate will slow down. This will help to calm you.
3. De-congest your nose easily
- If you have a cold and a congested nose, all you have to do is stick your tongue on the roof of your mouth for a few seconds.
- Another one of the remedies is to press each nostril with a finger.
With these easy moves, you’ll manage the pressure in your nostrils. Then, you’ll reduce the mucus that accumulates inside.
This lets you relieve the pain and encourages the mucous to leave. As a result, you can breathe much better.
4. Get rid of toothaches
This is one of the most common pains. It’s also one of the most annoying ones. However, you can solve this issue by holding an ice cube in your hand.
- This toothache relief happens thanks to the ice cube. This is because the nerve endings that connect with your brain are in your thumb and index finger.
5. A massage that relieves headaches
The most common pain for everyone is usually headaches. These can happen because of day-to-day stress and problems.
- To get rid of it, all you have to do is press your thumb for five minutes.
- Like we’ve mentioned before, your thumb and index finger are connected to your brain. So, by stimulating them, the pain passes.
6. Manage high blood pressure
- To reduce high blood pressure, the only thing you have to do is squeeze the middle finger of your dominant hand as hard as you can.
- This will also reduce your anxiety and outbursts when you’re angry.
7. Massage that regulates your heart rate
- If you notice that your heart rate is abnormally fast, all you have to do is massage your ring finger. This will let you slow your heart rate down to normal.
- In addition, you should do breathing exercises. Breathe in and out slowly and deeply through your nose and mouth.
- While you do these breathing exercises, massage your ring finger for 5 minutes. Breathe slowly.
- This way, both your pulse and your heart rhythm will go back to normal.
8. Relieve nausea
- Massaging the middle of your hands reduces your nausea and your urge to vomit. This is because the center of your hand corresponds to the center of your emotions.
- Remember that you need to accompany these massages with slow, relaxed breathing.
9. Control panic attacks
When faced with a possible panic attack, all you have to do is hold your hands together. You don’t need to use any pressure. However, they need to be together for a few minutes.
Doing this will calm you because your blood flow and breathing will go back to normal in this posture.