9 Remedies that May Help Colon Cancer Symptoms
The natural remedies in this article can easily be incorporated into your everyday life to help prevent and treat the symptoms of colon cancer. However, it’s important to remember that if you’re fighting colon cancer that you consult your doctor first and follow your prescribed treatment.
Like other types of cancer, colon cancer can attack quickly and become life threatening. This type of cancer ranks third in the most common cancers around the world. The most dangerous thing about this disease is that it can go undetected until it is too late. In today’s article we look at natural remedies that may help to alleviate colon cancer symptoms.
Colon cancer is the result of the growth of abnormal cells in the colon. As a result, it can cause organ failures and progression to other parts of the body.
The good news is that a colonoscopy can easily be performed to remove any polyps and identify whether they are cancerous or not. If you’ve been diagnosed with early stage colon cancer, then you should know that there are some natural remedies that will help lessen your discomfort and the damage that it causes.
1. GinsengDrinking ginseng tea is a popular choice when you want to treat a wide variety of diseases, especially those that are serious like colon cancer. The high concentration of antioxidants in ginseng directly can inhibits the growth of cancer cells. In some cases, this tea can even cause these types of cells to perish.
See also: Top 5 fruits for a colon cleanse
2. Green tea
Green tea is an excellent source of catechins and epicatechins. These organic compounds are responsible for:
- Firstly, reducing the presence of free radicals
- Secondly, helping to prevent the spread of cancer cells
- Thirdly, helping to relieve symptoms of tumors
For all of the above reasons, drinking green tea instead of coffee is a good choice. Remember that you can drink as many cups of this tea as you like.
Taking part in physical activity is already recommended for your body’s overall well-being, but it’s even more important when you’re facing colon cancer. Exercise will help improve your blood flow and your metabolism will work at a higher level.
In addition, exercise also helps detox your body while stimulating your immune system. This reduces your chances of suffering from serious disorders like diabetes and obesity.
Raw garlic, or garlic extract, is typically used to help to prevent cancer cells from spreading and damaging other healthy cells. Overall, this is usually one of the most effective complements of formal cancer treatments.
5. Flaxseed oilVegetable oils are used in the kitchen for a variety of recipes. That’s why you can always substitute one of the ones you have in your cupboard for flaxseed without any issue.
These little fruits contain lots of antioxidants, including catechin, quercetin, flavonoids, phenolic compounds, and more. All of this turns blueberries into a food that can strengthen your immune system.
Therefore, eating a handful of blueberries a day will help eliminate free radicals and reduce cellular mutations.
7. Quit smoking
It’s a well known fact that smoking has harmful effects on all aspects of your health. As a result of this habit, colon cancer can start to form. This is because smoking increases the rate at which polyps develop in your colon.
In turn, the rate at which those cells become cancerous can increase. If you are successful at quitting smoking, you’ll eliminate a large number of carcinogens from your system and contribute to the overall health of your body.
8. Olive oil
Olive oil is one of the world’s most famous oils. Aside from being a great home remedy for many diseases, it also provides the following benefits:
- Firstly, olive oil promotes the production of important enzymes in the intestine
- Secondly, it significantly improves your absorption of nutrients
- Thirdly, olive oil can protect against cancer invasion
If you consume olive oil on a regular basis, you can help to relieve some symptoms of colon cancer in its early stages.
9. SpinachIn addition, spinach contains a high concentration of nutrients and fiber that make it an ideal natural remedy to help with colon cancer symptoms. Some of the conditions that can cause you to develop this type of cancer in particular include constipation and hemorrhoids.
To treat those symptoms, there’s no better way than by consuming regular fiber to keep your bowels working properly. Add a handful of spinach and other green leafy vegetables to your daily diet.
We recommend reading: 3 fat-burning smoothies
Take preventive measures against colon cancer
Overall, the natural remedies we’ve described here can easily be incorporated into your everyday life. However, it’s important to remember that if you’re fighting colon cancer symptoms then you consult your doctor first and follow your prescribed treatment.