Decorating your bathroom can turn out to be a complicated task. However, with a little work and some creativity, you can make it into a functional space that will allow you to:
- Have a room full of comfort.
- Keep all of the things you need in order.
- Enjoy a private, unique and original space.
- Create harmony and tranquility in your home.
If you want to renovate your bathroom, this article will offer you 9 fabulous ideas for decorating it. Don’t miss out!
1. The walls are a priority
If you want your bathroom to appear larger than it actually is, we recommend that you paint the walls with light colors that are pleasing to the eyes such as white, blue, green and off-white.
These colors are not only very easy to combine, but they also give an elegant look to the space.
2. Make it bigger than it actually is
It’s very important that you take advantage of the space as much as you can. That’s why we recommend that you add some shelves below the sink.
These will help to:
- Give it a feeling of spaciousness.
- Maximize storage capacity.
- Give you a space to keep the things that you don’t know where to put.
- Style the space.
- Decorate the bathroom.
3. Lighting is a very important factor
The lighting of a room is so important, especially when it comes to the bathroom.
So, by playing with the lighting correctly, we can:
- Make it appear more fresh.
- Give life to the colors inside.
- Keep the space pleasurable to look at.
We recommend that you look for white light bulbs to illuminate the bathroom since they don’t give off any color and also will not interfere with the harmony of the decoration.
A mirror is a necessary object for the bathroom, not just so that you can look at yourself. It’s also great for:
- Making your bathroom appear more elegant.
- Creating an open-air illusion.
- Decorating the space.
- Projecting the light throughout the entire room.
Be sure that the mirror is sufficiently large so that you can get the most of all of its functions.
5. Hanging organizers
They are an excellent idea when it comes to bathrooms and other small rooms. These organizers help to:
- Decorate the bathroom without having to do too much.
- Create an organized look.
- Take advantage of the space you have.
- Organize all of the little things that you have inside the bathroom.
Also, we recommend that the organizers are strong colors so that they can contrast with the walls and will give the bathroom a fabulous touch.
Even though everyone loves minimalist designs these days, when it comes to the bathroom, this isn’t the best option.
That’s because, although shelves take up space, they’re also very beneficial when it comes to:
- Styling the room.
- Storing towels, toilet paper, and all of the other things that tend to take up space.
- Keeping the bathroom organized.
7. Bathroom basket
Baskets in the bathroom are a great way to keep your towels, and even your dirty clothes, organized.
We recommend using baskets made from wicker since it will also help to decorate and style the space.
8. The smallest details are the best when we want to decorate
When it comes to decorating the bathroom, we should always find a way to keep the harmony.
Keep these pieces of advice in mind:
- Use little decorations.
- Natural or artificial plants are always well received.
- Look for a painting or picture that goes well with the rest of the room.
- Candles are a great way to decorate.
It isn’t necessary to fill your whole bathroom with decorations; just a few details will be enough.
9. Never forget that less is more
This is a universal rule, especially in smaller spaces like bathrooms.
That’s because a lot of us make the mistake of thinking that the more decorations we have in the bathroom, the better it will look.
Every time that you think about decorating your bathroom, remember:
- Forget about strong, gaudy colors.
- Don’t use decorations that are too big.
- Forget about curtains since they reduce the size of the space incredibly. Instead, use blinds.
The bathroom should be a place where you can relax and forget about the outside world.
Following all of these tips will help you convert the space into a paradise full of comfort, harmony and tranquility.