Starting the day with a little exercise routine doesn’t cost anything and you get a lot out of it, even if it doesn’t seem like it.
It’s a simple and, at the same time, sensational way to activate your metabolism, burn calories and encourage your body to face the day in the best way.
By doing exercise in the morning, you’ll face the day feeling energized. Exercising will also prevent the tension that can sometimes build up in your muscles, which make you feel slower and even more in pain.
In today’s article, we want to propose something that will help you. This help comes in the form of 9 easy exercises that you can do in 9 minutes.
If you consistently do them, you’ll see good results after a month.
1. Lift weights while lying down
No, you’re not going to lift 5 kg weights. This exercise is just about doing a simple resistance routine to work out your arms.
- To do this, you just have to lie on a mat, breathe deeply for a few minutes then lift and lower your arms for 5 minutes while holding small hand weights.
- You can do this exercise 2 times a week, combining it with those that we detail below.
2. Jump rope
It’s easy and it’s fun. If you don’t have neighbors who live below you who you’ll disturb, put on some music and jump rope for a few minutes at different intensities. What are you waiting for?
You can start with low-speed jumps and then increase the speed. Never overexert yourself. The purpose of this exercise is to energize you in the morning, so you shouldn’t aim to exhaust yourself.
3. “Superman” push-ups
Under this very original term falls one of the most common morning exercises for your body.
We’ll explain how to do it.
- Lie face down on the mat.
- Separate your legs.
- Now, with your arms at the side of your body, lift your torso (as if you were a superhero who’s about to fly with their arms pressed tightly to their waist.)
- You should feel the tension in your lower back.
- Repeat several times.
4. Exercise with a chair
This is one of the simplest and most useful exercises you can do. To do this, you’ll need a firm chair with strong legs that doesn’t slide when doing this stretching exercise.
- Once the chair is well positioned, stand in front of it and put one foot on the seat (look at the photo above).
- Then, lunge forward to feel the pull on the opposite leg.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg. It’s very easy.
5. Lift your legs up high
This is more than just an exercise. In fact, it’s also a relaxing position that helps blood circulate in the legs and can help you to start the day.
- Just get in a comfortable and secure position against a wall.
- Lift your legs and support them against the wall, leaving your arms outstretched.
This position is great to get into after you finish some exercise: it’ll relax you, regulate your breathing and blood flow, and will even oxygenate your brain.
6. Invisible Bicycle Exercise
We’re sure that you’ll have done this equally imaginative and playful exercise at some point in your childhood. It’s very easy to do:
- Lie on your back on the bed.
- Lift your legs.
- Support your waist with your hands and lift yourself up a little more.
- Now, simulate the pedaling movement with your legs. Start with a lower intensity and then increase the speed.
7. Hamstring Stretches
- Sit on a mat.
- Bend one leg, so that the sole of this foot touches the opposite thigh.
- Bend your body forward, trying to keep your lower back straight.
- Touch the tip of the foot that you’ve extended, like in the photo above.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds, rest and do the same stretch with the other leg.
You can combine this exercise with others from the list in this article.
8. Hula-hoop exercises
Do you own a classic hula-hoop? If not, you can find one in any sports store – it’s cheap and can be used to do multiple exercises.
This will be a lot of fun to start your mornings. This exercise consists of a waist movement where you let the hoop roll around this area of your body without letting it fall.
Put some music on and try to keep up the pace for 5 or 6 minutes. Then, you can do another one of the routines detailed here.
9. Back Stretch
This exercise is a therapeutic way for you to start your day off well. It’s not too demanding, it won’t exhaust you and it will help you to alleviate possible tensions caused by a bad rest.
- Just get on all fours and arch your back for a few seconds.
- Then, start to do the opposite movement that you see in the image – i.e, move your belly down and arch your spine in the opposite position.
Also read: The Benefits of Walking Barefoot
In conclusion, choose any of the exercises you want from these 9 and combine them to perform a morning routine that lasts no more than 9 or 10 minutes.
Then, you’ll gradually notice high levels of well-being.