Do you want to have toned, strong legs and buttocks?
Pay attention to these exercises!
- To do this exercise, stand up straight with the feet shoulder-width apart.
- Bend down taking care of your posture. Stop when your torso is parallel to the floor.
- Keep your legs slightly bent.
- Return to the original position. Do 4 series of 10 repetitions.
To make this exercise even more effective, keep the back straight and lift your buttocks.
- Open your legs to shoulder width.
- As you breathe in, start to do the squat. To do this, lower your buttocks as if you were going to sit in a chair.
- When you breathe out, return to the initial position.
- It is recommended to do 4 or 5 series of 10 to 12 repetitions.
- Try to do the squats as low as you can to make your muscles work more.
- Keep your back straight and try to ensure that your knees don’t go further forwards than the tips of your toes.
3. Squats with a jump
- To do these squats with a jump, you’ll need to have your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight.
- Do the squat on an in-breath and lower your buttocks until they are parallel to the floor.
- When you breathe out, jump powerfully upwards with momentum.
- Do the same with each repetition and do 4 series of 12 repetitions.
- It is important that you land back on the ground with both feet at the same time.
4. Bulgarian squats
- To do this type of squats you’ll need a chair.
- Stand up with a straight back, supporting yourself on the chair back.
- Take one leg back and lower yourself down until your hip is parallel to the floor.
- Put all your weight on the heel of the front leg and bend it to 90 degrees, while you keep the other leg relaxed.
- Then return to the original position and do 4 or 5 series of 10 or 12 repetitions with each leg.
- It is important for the knee not to go further forwards than the tips of the toes.
5. Standing squats
- Open your legs to shoulder width.
- Then position the tips of your feet at an angle of 45 degrees. Don’t forget that your back should be straight at all times.
- Sit down slowly and return to your original position.
- In this exercise, you’ll be working the inner muscles of the thighs as well as the buttocks.
- For this to be effective, do 4 or 5 series of 10 to 12 repetitions.
- Remember that the knees must not go further forward than the tips of the toes and that the back must remain straight.
To do lunges correctly, you need to stand up straight.
- Spread your feet a little less than shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step to one side and lower yourself as if to sit down, until your hips are parallel to the floor. Keep your shoulders open and your arms down.
- Then you need to bend the front leg to an angle of 90 degrees and allow your bodyweight to fall on this area.
- Lift yourself up pushing from the heel and change legs (the back leg now becomes the front leg and vice versa).
- Do 4 or 5 series of 20 repetitions each.
Visit this article: Stay in Shape with this 5 Exercise Routine at Home
7. Backward leg lifts
- To do this exercise, support yourself on your hands and knees on the floor.
- Then bend one leg and lift it as high as you can before returning it to the original position.
- Do 4 or 5 series of 30 to 40 repetitions.
8. Bridge with buttocks
The bridge with buttocks is done lying on the floor face up.
- Bend your legs and open them to shoulder width.
- In this position, lift and then lower the hips. Do this exercise in 4 or 5 series of 25 to 30 repetitions.
- To make it more effective, when you lift the hips, sustain the position for a few seconds, contracting the buttocks as much as you can.
- This exercise starts standing up straight, with the arms by your sides.
- Do a full squat, taking your body weight to the tips of your feet.
- Walk forward with your hands and come into plank position, and then return to the original position with a jump.
- Do 3 or 4 series of however many repetitions you can, the more the better.