9 Benefits of Drinking Warm Water and Lemon Juice
Did you know that in addition to balancing your pH, drinking lemon juice and warm water at the start of the day increases your productivity levels? Try it!
The habits you practice early in the day are key to improving your health and maintaining a good mood throughout the rest of the day.
Although the lack of time in the mornings may sometimes cause you to forget this, the first moments of the day are the best for adopting practices that benefit your entire body.
For example, drinking natural beverages on an empty stomach has been recommended for years.
When you’re fasting, you get an additional punch of nutrients for your body. This improves many different aspects that are both physical and mental.
Among these options, you’ll find lemon juice and warm water. While it may sound simple, this drink has interesting medicinal properties thanks to its antioxidant, vitamin, and mineral content.
It’s an inexpensive beverage to make that you can enjoy every day to maintain your overall well-being.
Discover 9 interesting benefits you get when you drink it.
1. Protect and cleanse your liverThe antioxidants in warm water and lemon juice make it a great way to detox your liver.
- It inhibits the negative effects of free radicals.
- This also provides you with an opportunity to remove the toxins that build up in this organ.
In addition, this is an organic solution to reduce your risk of liver disease, like fatty liver and kidney stones.
2. It improves your immune system health
The high levels of vitamin C found in this beverage are great supplements to keep your immune system functioning strong and prepare you for any pathogens that come your way.
Vitamin C also improves your production of antibodies and creates a barrier against viruses, bacteria and fungi.
3. It helps balance the pH of your bloodstreamThe modern diet tends to create an acidic environment in the body, so warm water with lemon juice is a great way to balance your pH levels.
Although lemon juice is technically acidic, its compounds are transformed into alkaline substances when absorbed by the body.
Regular consumption of this beverage helps decrease excess acid production and prevents the harmful problems that are associated with it.
4. It improves the health of your skin
This combination helps detox your body. Thus, this beverage is great for improving the condition of your skin.
It increases your moisture levels and also helps remove any toxins that can speed up premature aging.
Daily consumption of this beverage will help keep your skin blemish-free, particularly in people who are susceptible to acne.
5. It helps reduce food cravingsPeople who are struggling with food cravings and trying to lose weight will find this beverage to be very helpful.
Lemon contains a fiber known as pectin. Once it’s absorbed, it improves digestion and prolongs feelings of being full.
6. Improved digestion
The digestive properties of warm lemon juice can be used as part of a treatment for problems like constipation and bloating.
Fiber and antioxidants help improve your digestive health. They optimize intestinal contractions and support the process of separating water from nutrients.
7. Improved productivityLemons are one of the citrus fruits that help provide energy at the end of your day when you’re feeling tired or worn down.
This helps you enjoy a higher level of productivity and also avoid mood swings, in addition to stress and depression.
8. Promote wound healing
The vitamin C in lemon juice is essential for cellular regeneration when you’ve experienced a trauma or injury.
This nutrient promotes the formation of connective tissue, cartilage, and other cellular products that are affected when you have an injury or wound.
This means that when you drink warm water with lemon juice, you’ll obtain significant amounts of this vitamin to speed up your recovery.
9. Avoid oral infectionsDaily consumption of this beverage can help clean your mouth and avoid the excess proliferation of germs in your teeth and gums.
Lemon contains antimicrobial and antibiotic properties that can reduce your risk of dental pain and gingivitis.
Drinking it with warm water fights bad breath, as well.
Are you ready to make it at home? Take a few minutes to make this every morning and discover how good it is for your body over time!