8 Tricks for a Better Atmosphere at Home
No matter how big or small, luxurious or stylish the decor, it’s essential that your home is a space that nurtures comfort and well-being. It’s fundamental to have a good atmosphere at home.
Nothing more relieving than arriving home at night and feeling that it’s the perfect place to relax and rest, and if you are home most of the time this is even more reason.
That’s why we bring you some very simple tricks that will undoubtedly improve the atmosphere in your home.
Aromatherapy turns out to be one of the best ways to achieve relaxation.
It provides many different benefits, including stress reduction and better-quality sleep.
Fill your home with a delicious smell with the following air freshener that you can make at home:
- 15 drops of essential oil (of the aroma that you prefer)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (1 g)
- Glass container with a lid
- Wooden or plastic spoon
- Mix the essential oil and baking soda in the container.
- Stir with a wooden or plastic spoon.
- Leave covered for a full day.
- The next evening, uncover and let out the scent.
If you want to cover more areas of your home, dip cotton balls in the oil and place them in strategic points to cover all corners of the home.
2. Have a plant at home
Plants help improve air quality, reduce dryness, and provide other physical and emotional benefits.
The most recommended for creating an effect of tranquillity and harmony are:
- Lavender. It’s believed that this plant is excellent for protecting the home from bad energies, it’s recommended to put it near the entrance of the house.
- Ivy. Increases people’s self-esteem. Its colour and smell transmit joy and confidence.
- Violet. If discord and conflict occur frequently in your home, this plant will help you establish peace and reduce stress.
You can also use other plants as ornaments, or to reduce discomfort. Rosemary, thyme and laurel are good for this.
3. Avoid clutter
Even if you’re rushing around all day and your time is very limited, try to leave everything in its place.
- It’s uncomfortable to get home and find it dirty and messy.
- If you have too many things that don’t have a fixed place, choose to put everything in boxes under the bed, so they won’t be scattered throughout the house.
- Also, get rid of really old clothes and ornaments. When it comes down to it, they just take up space and create a bad atmosphere at home.
4. Allow light to enter your home
It’s very important that you let natural light into your home.
- It reduces energy consumption, helps your home look larger and cleaner and purifies the environment.
- Not only that, we can’t forget that sunlight contributes vitamin D, since through the action of the sun’s rays the body absorbs this important vitamin.
5. Renew your home
Devote a day to reinvent your home, change your room, the living room, the dining room… whatever you want!
If you believe in the philosophy of Feng shui you can be guided by that. It will provide some good advice to bring more harmony to your home.
6. Try to have cosy furniture
If your furniture is comfortable, without a doubt, getting home will be like going to heaven.
- Make sure your mattress is comfortable and that it gives you a real rest at bedtime.
- The same with the seats in your living room: try to make them pleasant and create an ideal space to have a cup of coffee, have friends round, or read a good book.
7. Use carpets
It’s really satisfying to walk around the room with bare feet and feel the softness and warmth of a carpet.
It’s also useful for reducing outside noise, since it helps muffle sounds.
8. Let your house talk about your life
Evoke memories with the help of paintings or photographs.
Your family, your friends, your favourite countries, your most admired singers or artists and the best moments of your life.
Without a doubt your decoration will look great!
It’s lovely to feel that you live in a temple of love, good memories, creativity, colour and good energy.