Spider veins are small red and yellowish blood vessels. They are caused by the dilation of your smaller capillaries and superficial veins. Their appearance usually comes before varicose veins. However, many times they disappear without becoming inflamed at all.
They happen more often in women over the age of 20. This is especially true of those what have a sedentary life style or are overweight.
However, they can also happen because of hormonal changes. Using the wrong kind of shoes and exposure to high temperatures also cause them.
Fortunately, they don’t usually represent any severe health problem. Plus, they can be reduced noticeably with a few easy habits.
In the article below, we want to share 8 recommendations that help to prevent spider veins when done regularly.
1. Exercise regularly
Physical exercise, especially activities that focus on your legs, are indispensable. They prevent spider veins.
This exercise increases the circulation of your blood and controls the inflammatory processes that cause this problem to appear.
- Be sure to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Dedicate 10 minutes to leg-related exercises.
- For example, ride a bicycle three times per week or take a daily walk for 20 minutes.
2. Control your body weight
Are you overweight or obese? Be careful! Besides causing spider veins, these diseases can cause severe circulatory and cardiovascular problems.
Always watch your weight. If you gain too many pounds, start adopting healthy habits to lose weight.
- Keep a balanced diet that controls your fat and calorie intake.
- Avoid eating fast or processed foods.
- Eat between 3 to 5 meals per day.
- Start a daily exercise routine.
- Increase your water intake.
3. Avoid crossing your legs
This appears to be a harmless habit. However, crossing your legs can become a trigger for these ugly spider veins.
Keeping this position for a prolonged amount of time makes circulation difficult. It can also cause an inflammatory reaction in your legs.
- Sit with your legs supported by the floor.
- If you work while seated, or you have to keep this posture for a prolonged amount of time, take a few minutes to stretch or walk.
4. Limit the amount you wear heels
We can’t deny that heels are a perfect complement for looking elegant and feminine.
However, using them excessively can cause inflammatory and circulation problems. These end up causing the appearance of these veins.
- Use your favorite heels only on special occasions.
- Avoid buying heels that are too high.
- After using this kind of footwear, elevate your feet and massage them to start the circulation in them.
5. Use apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a tonic for external use. It can reduce the appearance of spider veins when it’s applied with a massage.
This liquid has anti-inflammatory and relaxing substances. After being absorbed, they increase your circulation and the activity in your lymphatic system.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar in warm water and rub it on your feet or legs with a massage for 5 minutes.
- As an option, heat the water with vinegar and apply it as a compress, make it as hot as you can stand.
- Repeat this treatment every night to get good results.
6. Avoid wearing tight-fighting clothes
Wearing clothes that are too tight can cause circulatory and lymphatic problems.
While your body appears to bear it, repeating this habit can cause the appearance of spider veins and varicose veins.
- Avoid pants that are too tight.
- Wear sizes that are a little loose when you put them on.
- Choose to wear clothing with a loose design.
7. Benefit from aloe vera gel
Another one of the natural remedies that helps increase the circulation in your legs is aloe vera.
This substance has essential nutrients and hydrating agents. After being absorbed, it reduces the appearance of spider veins.
- Get a little fresh gel from an aloe vera leaf. Then, apply it on the affected area.
- Let it act without rinsing. Use it up to two times per day.
8. Drink lemon water.
Drinking lemon water for breakfast can help you to detoxify your body. This eliminates the liquids and toxins that inflame your tissues.
Its properties reduce the excess acidity in your blood. They also reduce circulatory problems.
- Drink a cup of warm water with lemon for breakfast every day.
- Drink warm water with lemon in the middle of the afternoon.
Are you worried about getting spider veins? Follow all of these recommendations. Avoid this problem without spending money on costly treatments.