8 Symptoms When Your Liver Experiences an Overload of Toxins
Did you know that your liver can send you signals alerting you that it's overloaded through your skin? If you experience irritation or reoccurring break outs, check out your liver health.
However, like other organs, it’s exposed to a wide variety of factors that can interfere with its functions.
If it already has to work ceaselessly to maintain clean, an overload of toxins can hinder it from doing its job to its best capability.
This is why it’s important to be cautious if anything appears unusual. Thus, address the symptoms as soon as possible.
Symptoms of an overload of toxins in the body
In this article, we want to highlight the top 8 of them so you won’t hesitate in taking the appropriate measures when you identify them.
1. Changes in urine and feces
You may also like:
Changes in the color of urine and feces can be a signal warning us of liver malfunction and overload of toxins.
While digestive or urinary conditions may cause these changes, a considerable number of cases have something to do with liver problems.
- The urine of a healthy person is pale yellow in color. While that of a jaundice patient is dark yellow.
- In the same way, feces that is too dark or pale can also be an indication that something isn’t right.
2. Abdominal swelling
While abdominal swelling is related to many health conditions, we shouldn’t rule out a liver problem and overload of toxins in the body.
- Persistent stomach cramps, gas build-up and a feeling of heaviness are common among people who have a liver overburdened with toxins.
3. Skin problems
The overload of toxins that accumulate in the liver usually results in negative and obvious consequences in the skin.
- Inexplicable irritation, dryness, and acne are warning signs of problems that the liver is suffering due to an excess of waste.
- Although some external treatments can relieve or lessen symptoms, the liver needs to be detoxed in order to treat them completely.
4. Acid and gastroesophageal reflux
Stomach acid and gastroesophageal reflux are common symptoms among those who ingest plentiful or excessive meals.
However, sometimes we need to investigate the true origin of reflux given that they might be a reaction to the liver retaining toxins.
We recommend you also read:
5. Physical and mental fatigue
Physical and mental fatigue can be an outcome of daily physical overexertion or unhealthy habits.
However, if fatigue is reoccurring and inexplicable, it might be a warning sign signaling liver problems and an overload of toxins in the body.
- Lethargy, difficulties in concentration and physical weakness can be outcomes of the complications caused by toxins in the blood circulation.
6. Liquid retention
An excess of tissue inflammation can result in liquid retention. This is caused by the hepatic system’s malfunction.
- This symptom is quite common among patients with kidney disease. However, it can also appear in the cases of an overworked liver.
- The majority of these cases see an obvious swelling in the limbs as well as in the abdomen.
7. Yellow skin
Yellow skin is a disorder known as jaundice and it’s caused by a buildup of bilirubin.
- The pigment is produced by bile, which is key in the digestive process. It may build up in the bloodstream when it’s too difficult for the liver to filter the blood’s waste products.
8. Loss of appetite
Loss of appetite is a symptom that can appear in many sicknesses or emotional circumstances.
However, it’s wise to be cautious of such situations as it can sometimes indicate liver disease.
What’s most worrisome is that it can cause serious complications because it leads to nutrition deficiency.
Are you experiencing any of the mentioned symptoms? If so, consider a detox diet to cleanse your body and drink more water along with purifying drinks.
If the symptoms persist, contact your doctor.