8 Natural Ways to Fight Inflammation and Bloating
Abdominal inflammation and bloating go beyond being superficially annoying. Most people who want to fight inflammation do so for the sake of their appearance. That’s because they want their stomach to look flat and trim.
Inflammation usually comes about when you have indigestion caused by poor food choices or overeating. It can also occur when your body is having trouble digesting certain foods, such as fried food, meats, and dairy products.
Finally, premenstrual syndrome and the build-up of gas in your intestines are two other common causes of this irritating problem.
How to fight abdominal inflammation
The following natural remedies won’t help get rid of excess fat nor will they speed up your metabolism. However, they might be useful for reducing bloating. Remember, these remedies should be part of a healthy lifestyle and never used as a substitute for food or doctor-recommended treatments.
1. Cinnamon tea
Cinnamon is a spice that contains properties that help the digestive processes of your body. It can help your body detoxify itself and reduce abdominal bloating and excess gas.
- Heat a cup of water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then add a little honey, and enjoy.
3. Chamomile tea
Chamomile has anti-inflammatory properties that promote good intestinal health and alleviate stomach pain. Drink it in moderation to reduce bloating and stay hydrated.
- Heat a cup of water and add two teaspoons of dried chamomile flowers. Let them simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drink this after your mid-day meal.
4. Ginger tea
Ginger is well known for its anti-inflammatory powers. These can improve your health in many ways. Ginger helps reduce abdominal pain, fight inflammation, ease nausea, and speed up your metabolism.
- Grate half a teaspoon of ginger and add it to a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 10 minutes before drinking.
- Ask your doctor before drinking ginger tea, there are some cases in which it’s not recommended.
5. Flaxseed to fight inflammation
Thanks to their high fiber content and essential fatty acids, these seeds improve your digestion and fight gas to eliminate bloating and inflammation.
- Soak a tablespoon of ground flaxseed in a cup of water overnight. Drink it in the morning along with the water.
Tomatoes are rich in water and fiber which help stimulate urination and reduce bloating. They also contain phytonutrients, which can help improve your overall health.
- Add five organic tomatoes, half a cup of water, and a little lemon juice to a blender, then blend together. Enjoy this juice any time of day.
7. Green tea
- Add a couple of tablespoons of green tea to a cup of boiling water. Let it steep for 10 minutes before drinking.
- Drink this tea about 40 to 45 minutes before a meal. Don’t drink it with your meal or right after eating.
8. Pineapple and cucumber juice
This all-natural juice combines two great diuretics that facilitate the removal of toxins and excess fluids to fight inflammation.
- 3 slices of ripe pineapple
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 cup of water (125 ml)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Drink this without straining it. You can have it either on an empty stomach or after your main meal.
Remember that these remedies on their own aren’t a substitute for a healthy lifestyle. Consequently, you shouldn’t depend on “fixing” your health with the odd natural remedy. Instead, try to maintain good habits.
If you have questions about bloating and abdominal inflammation and you want to live a healthier life, ask your doctor.It might interest you...