8 Natural Remedies for Controlling Nervous Anxiety
To alleviate states of anxiety it is a good idea to do physical activity and avoid anything that can interfere with our tranquility, like alcohol or tobacco
Anxiety if a normal sensation that we experience during moments of danger or worry. It is a state of alert that helps us to be able to react to difficult moments.
However, when this anxiety starts to become frequent and without reason, it becomes a problem and is accompanied by annoying symptoms for our body.
Some symptoms that present themselves if you have anxiety
- Insomnia, restless sleep
- Heavy breathing
- Strong palpitations
- Irritability, anger
- Digestive problems
- Increased respiratory and cardiac frequency
- Women can experience increased premenstrual symptoms
- Lump in your throat
- Dry mouth feeling
- Inability to stay still and concentrate on something
Anxiety symptoms start with a loss of control of our emotions. Panic attacks can be a part of the coping mechanisms and hysteric episodes that affect both your mental health and your family.
It is very difficult to calm yourself in those situations where nothing out of the ordinary has happened.
The person starts to deal with a grade of permanent pressure and this affects the body and, among other symptoms, these things start to happen:
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Inability to rest
- Lack of concentration
- Inability to hold a conversation
Natural remedies that help to fight anxiety
There are a large number of home and natural remedies that can be useful for fighting anxiety and for helping to decrease its common symptoms.
If these remedies don’t help you fight it, you should seek the help of a specialist.
1. Daily exercise
Walking and riding your bike are very recommendable exercises for controlling your stress and decreasing anxiety.
It is very recommendable since it really helps to relax the body. With breathing techniques you will be able to control your stress.
3. Avoid caffeine and alcohol to avoid nervousness
If you are dealing with periods of stress, it is necessary to eliminate these substances from your diet.
- You can substitute for decaffeinated coffee or tea: there are floral or fruity options that are great because they are natural.
4. Vitamin B and magnesium supplements: very important for controlling anxiety
If you are magnesium deficient, take supplements or eat foods that contain it. It will relax your muscles, you will be able to control your heart palpitations and you will be able to prevent all of the symptoms that come with this illness.
If you carry out a vegan or vegetarian diet, you should talk to your doctor about your vitamin B levels. If you need a supplement, he will let you know.
We can’t forget that the lack of this supplement can cause anxiety.
5. Eat oats
It is a great food for calming your nervous system. It has a large amount of carbohydrates that increase serotonin levels in the brain.
Serotonin is the hormone that is responsible for keeping your body peaceful and happy. A breakfast with oats and fruits is a healthy way to start the day.
6. Chamomile tea
This plant is often used in teas because of its multiple health properties.
It has sedating properties that reduce stress and anxiety. Also, it’s great for helping you fall asleep and it has a relaxing effect on your muscles.
What’s more, it helps to calms the nerves in your stomach which helps with digestion. And, it can fight the inflammation that can be produced in the mucous of the walls of the stomach.
- Drink a cup of chamomile tea before going to bed: it will help you rest and you will feel more relaxed.
This plant has a lot of benefits that help with insomnia and things related to our nerves, indigestion and gastrointestinal issues.
It has sedative and calming properties that treat problems with nervousness, anxiety and stress.
- 1 tablespoon of dried passionflower leaves (15 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- Heat the cup of water and add the passionflower (you should add every part of the flower).
- Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, strain and drink the liquid.
- You can drink it three times a day.
8. Lettuce to fight nerves
Lettuce is a very healthy food that helps to fight nervousness and anxiety since it is a natural tranquilizer. In this case, we will drink it in the form of a tea.
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce leaves (30 g)
- Boil the water and, once it is boiling, add the lettuce leaves.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Let cool, strain and drink.
You can drink a cup of this mixture two times a day.
With these tips and natural remedies, you will be able to minimize the symptoms of of anxiety. However, if it persists and you have any doubts, you should talk to your doctor.
Remember that your health is primordial.