8 Natural Masks to Get Clear Skin
To get the most out of these remedies, it's best to apply them at night. That way, you'll avoid any possible reactions the sun may cause.
If you have sun spots on your face or signs of aging and you want to try a homemade treatment to get clear skin, then this article is for you.
We’ll suggest the best natural products for clearing up your skin. The best part is that there’s no need to spend a lot of time or money with these masks and remedies.
Natural Masks to Get Clear Skin
The sun’s rays, a poor diet or hygiene, and the passing years all contribute to spots on your skin. While it may just be an aesthetic problem, everyone likes a healthy, youthful face.
To get clear skin skin, try the masks below:
1. Oat, chamomile, and honey mask
Oats work as an excellent natural moisturizer. Meanwhile, honey prevents infections (which cause pimples, for example), and chamomile softens your skin.
- 1 cup of chamomile tea (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- 2 tablespoons of oats (20 g)
- Prepare the chamomile tea, whether with a tea bag or loose-leaf. Then, chill it.
- Add the honey and oats to a container and pour in the tea.
- Stir and apply to your face with a brush (be careful to avoid the eye area).
- Let sit for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water (or with any leftover tea).
2. Clarifying honey yogurt mask
Yogurt is a part of many homemade beauty concoctions due to its ability to moisturize and clear your skin. Combine it with honey and you get a 100% homemade, effective treatment.
- 1/2 natural yogurt (62.5 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Mix the yogurt and honey together.
- Apply to your face and neck with circular movements.
- Let sit for about 25 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- For best results, repeat every other day.
3. Lemon rice water mask
The water left over after cooking rice is too nutritious to throw away.
If used externally, you get a perfect treatment for clearing up your skin.
The lemon, in turn, helps get rid of spots. However, remember to use this mask at night because the acid from the lemon can harm your skin if exposed to sun.
- 1/2 cup of rice water (125 ml)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- After cooking the rice, set the water aside and let cool.
- Add the water and lemon juice to a container.
- Moisten a cotton ball with the mixture and smooth over your washed face.
- Repeat every day before bed and don’t rinse.
- Let it work overnight.
4. Honey egg mask
Egg yolks contain many nutrients worth highlighting.
As for the honey, it acts as an exfoliant and at the same time an antibacterial and antiseptic. Together, they make an unbeatable team for clear skin.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Lightly beat the egg yolk and add the honey. Set aside.
- Create steam in the shower to open up your pores.
- Apply the mask and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Remove with warm water and rinse again with cold water to finish.
5. Papaya lemon mask
This delicious tropical fruit is very good for your skin (that’s why you see it in so many beauty products).
Lemon is perfect for removing marks and clearing up your skin. It’s a wonderful combination!
- 1 ripe papaya
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Peel the papaya and remove the seeds.
- Then, squeeze the lemons.
- Mash the papaya along with the lemon juice.
- Wash your face well and apply the mask to your face and neck.
- Let sit for half an hour and remove with warm water.
- Repeat 3 times a week, always at night.
6. Potato mask
Besides acting as a lightener, potatoes have juices that nourish your skin.
- You can simply place slices of potato onto your face, or make a mask with the juice or grated potato.
7. Egg, tomato, Brewer’s yeast mask
This mask is good for people with oily skin and its ingredients are easy to find (you may already have them on hand).
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 3 dried bay leaves
- 1 egg white
- 1 tomato
- 2 teaspoons of Brewer’s yeast (10 g)
- Put the water and bay leaves into a pot. Cook for 10 minutes and set aside.
- In the meantime, beat the egg white until peaks form, and add the peeled, mashed tomato.
- Add the Brewer’s yeast and continue stirring.
- Pour in 2 or 3 tablespoons of the bay leaf tea.
- Once well-mixed, apply to your face with a brush.
- Let sit 15 minutes and wash you face with the remaining tea.
Check out this article:
8. Garbanzo tomato mask
Garbanzo flour acts as an excellent natural exfoliant. As for the tomato, it softens and moisturizes your skin.
- 5 tablespoons of chick pea flour (50 g)
- 3 tablespoons of tomato juice (or mashed tomato) (30 ml)
- Put the flour into a container and add the tomato little by little.
- Mix until a paste is formed and apply to your face and neck.
- Let sit for a maximum of 15 minutes and rinse.
- Repeat twice a week.