8 Interesting Microwave Uses You Probably Don’t Know
The microwave oven is a useful kitchen appliance. However, beyond this, it can facilitate many other home tasks. Do you want to know its alternative uses? In this article, we detail them.
Microwave uses are almost always the same: cooking or heating food quickly. However, this common kitchen appliance has many other uses.
Have you thought about disinfecting objects or dyeing fabrics with the heat your microwave produces? Here are some alternative microwave uses to get the most out of it. Take note!
The microwave is one of the appliances that are here to stay. Thanks to its many kitchen uses, today, it’s one of the essential tools in many homes. Below, see how you can get more out of it!
If you don’t want to ruin a container you just bought, you can warm it up a bit in the microwave. This way, the labels will come off easily.
- First, moisten them with a little water.
- Then, place them in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- After that time, see if you can peel them off without too much effort.
The sulfur compounds contained in onions are the reason that you “cry” when you start to slice them. However, if you add the onion to your microwave just before slicing it, you can stop this process.
- For this purpose, cut off each end and put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
We recommend you read: Red Onion Remedies To Treat Intestinal Worms
Sponges and scouring pads are items that help you clean the surfaces around the home. Thus, they come into contact with all kinds of bacteria, which is why it’s important that you clean them after every use.
You can use the microwave to carry out the disinfection process, instead of throwing the sponges in the trash when they’re still in good condition.
- Firstly, dip them in a good amount of white vinegar or lemon in a microwave-safe container. Then, put them in the appliance, at high heat, for a minute.
- The acidity of these ingredients, along with the heat, will help to remove bacteria from the sponges, making them suitable for new use.
Sometimes, lemons don’t have enough juice to make recipes. For this reason, if you put them in the microwave for 20 seconds, the heat will soften the peel a bit and make it easier to extract all the juice.
An annoying problem many people have is that mascara brushes easily dry out in certain environments. Then when you go and use them, you end up with unsightly clumps that look bad. Thus, if you notice that your mascara is developing this problem, prolong its life by trying this simple trick.
- Firstly, place the mascara in a glass of water.
- After that, microwave it for 30 to 40 seconds.
- This method will help it recover its liquid texture and you can use it longer.
Are you tired of the same color of an article of clothing? If you buy a new dye and use your microwave, you can give it a whole new look.
- Place your garment in a container filled with water and add the dye.
- Cover it and microwave it on high for four minutes.
- After this time, wait a few minutes and then check out the new color of your clothing.
You should also read: How to Naturally Clean the Stove and Microwave
The sterilization of canning jars is a hygienic process that eliminates possible bacteria and dirt they contain. The most common way to do it is to boil them in plenty of water for a couple of minutes.
However, if the idea is to spend less time and have the same benefits, put a little water inside and heat them in the microwave for two or three minutes. When you notice that the water is boiling, take them out.
To relieve some muscle aches, fill a sock with lentils, tie a knot, and microwave it for four minutes. After making sure that the heat is suitable for the skin, apply it to the affected areas until it cools completely.
Did you know of these microwave oven uses? Now that you know about them to get the most out of this appliance, don’t hesitate to make it one of your allies.