8 Home Exercises to Tone Your Body
One of the advantages of toning your body at home is that you can decide when you want to start working out. Give these exercises to tone your body a try.
Do you want to tone your body but you don’t have the time to hit the gym?
The number of gyms is growing in big cities. They’re even getting popular in smaller ones these days. However, for many people, it’s impossible to go to the gym regularly.
Working hours are becoming more and more unpredictable. What that usually means is that you know when you start, but not when you go home. Sometimes, you don’t even know when you’ll start.
As a result, there’s a growing number of people who decide to work out at home. Besides being cheaper, this allows you to exercise under less pressure and stress.
All you need is the desire and an effective routine to help you stay in shape.
The hardest part is developing a toning routine a home. It may be difficult to discover the best exercises for you.
Knowing how confusing it can all be, we want to offer you a good foundation. This article will help you devise a plan to accomplish your goals. Best of all, you won’t need to use weights or elastic bands for this workout!
With a chair, stool, or bed, you’ll have enough equipment to exercise all of your muscle groups. To top it all off, you’ll be able to do it in a half an hour!
You should see visible improvements in a month and a half. However, it’s important to work out at least two times per week and do 25 repetitions of each exercise here.
How to tone your body at home
1. Warm up for 5 minutes
Don’t skip this part. It’s very important for avoiding injuries. It also puts your muscles in a position where they can give their greatest effort. You’ll have better results if you warm up well.
This consists of jogging. If you don’t have space for distance jobs, you can climb stairs at a moderate pace. This option is even better. It allows you to tone your lower body and do cardio at the same time.
2. Stair steps for your legs and glutes
If you don’t have a specific machine, you can use a low bench or a set of stairs.
- First, step up with your dominant foot. Then, step up with your other foot. Go back down in the same order.
- Try to keep your back as straight as possible without putting tension on your back.
- When you step up on the platform, support yourself with your whole foot so the exercise is more powerful.
3. Thighs and glutes
For this exercise, you need a chair or a bed. You’ll also need a a pillow.
- Lay flat on your back. Then, put your ankles on the chair and support your neck with the pillow.
- Put your hands on your chest. Raise your glutes as much as possible.
Also Read: 6 Things You Can do to Tone Your Glutes
4. Complete thigh and glutes exercise
This exercise is a continuation of the previous one.
- Put yourself in the opposite position, supporting yourself with your arms on the chair.
- Raise one leg backwards. Then, raise the other leg.
- It’s best to do 25 repetitions. However, you should listen to your body. Don’t force yourself to do more if it feels uncomfortable.
5. Tone your calf muscles at home
Now, look for a table that can support you. Put your hands on it.
- Stand on the toes of one foot. While you do this, bend your other leg and make a right angle with it.
- When you’ve done this 25 times, do the same thing with the other leg.
6. Exercise for your thighs
This is one of the easiest and funnest exercises on our list.
- Open your legs and shift your weight to one leg, and then to the other.
- This is very fun when you do it with music. It turns into an odd dance. Try it and you’ll see!
For this exercise, we’ll be using a chair for support.
- Lay on the floor and put your legs on the chair. Make sure that they’re supported up to your knee.
- Raise your torso. However, be careful with your back. Remember that the effort should be made with your abs and not your neck. Doing anything else could hurt you.
8. Tone your abs further
- Lay on your back with your arms extended.
- Bend your knees, trying to bring them as close to your chest as possible. Then, go back to the initial position.
- When you get so used to it that it’s easy, you can switch to your obliques. To do this, cross your legs while doing it.
As we said at the beginning, you’ll only need a half hour of your time to do these 8 exercises to tone your body at home.
Stop making excuses and start doing these exercises today. For the rest of the day, try to imagine the body you want to have. Think about how you want to be.
Doing this sends positive messages to your subconscious mind. This becomes your motivation.
Try them and tell us how it went!