Would you like to tone your body but you don’t have the time to hit the gym?
Gyms are growing in big cities. They’re even growing in smaller ones, too. However, for many people, it’s impossible to go to the gym regularly.
Working hours are more and more flexible. What that usually means is that you know when you start, but not when you stop. Sometimes, you don’t even know when you’ll start.
As a result, there is a growing number of people who decide to workout at home. Besides being cheaper, this allows us to exercise without pressure or stress.
We only need the desire and an effective routine to help us stay in shape.
The most complicated part is developing a toning routine a home. It may be difficult to discover the best exercises for you.
Knowing this, we want to offer you a good foundation to help you accomplish your goals. Plus, you won’t need to use weights or elastic bands!
With a chair, a stool, or a bed, you’ll have enough to strengthen all of your muscle groups. Not to mention, you’ll be able to do it in a half an hour!
You’ll see notable improvements in a month and a half. However, it’s important to work out at last two times per week and do 25 repetitions of each exercise.
How to tone your body at home
1. Warm up for 5 minutes
Don’t skip this part. It’s very important to avoid injury. It also puts your muscles in a position where they can make give their greatest effort. You’ll have better results if you warm up well.
This consists of jogging. If you can’t do this at home, you can climb the stairs at a moderate pace. This a more powerful option. Plus, you also start by toning your lower body and doing cardio at the same time.
2. Stair steps for your legs and glutes
If you don’t have a specific machine, you can use a low bench or a set of stairs.
- First, step up with your dominate foot. Then, step up with your other foot. Go back down in the same order.
- Try to keep your back as straight as possible, without causing tension.
- When you step up on the platform, support yourself with your whole foot so the exercise is more powerful.
3. Thighs and glutes
For this exercise, you need a chair or a bed and a pillow.
- Lay flat on your back. Then, put your ankles on the chair and support your neck with the pillow.
- Put your hands on your chest. Raise your glutes as much as possible.
4. Complete thigh and glutes exercise
This exercise is a continuation of the previous one.
- Put yourself in the opposite position, supporting yourself with your arms on the chair.
- Raise one leg pointing backward. Then, raise the other leg.
- It’s best to do 25 repetitions. However, you should listen to your body. Don’t force yourself too much.
5. Tone your calf muscles at home
Now, look for a table that can support you. Put your hands on it.
- Stand on the toes of one foot. While you do this, bend your other leg and make a right angle with it.
- When you’ve done this 25 times, do the same thing with the other leg.
6. Exercise for your thighs
This is one of the easiest and most fun exercises.
- Open your legs and shift your weight to one leg, and then to the other.
- This is very fun when you do it with music. It turns into an odd dance. Try it and you’ll see!
For this exercise, we will use a chair for support.
- Lay on the floor and put your legs on the chair for support. Make sure that they’re supported up to your knee.
- Raise your torso. However, be careful with your back. Remember that the effort should be made with your abs and not your neck. Doing anything else could hurt you.
8. Tone your abs further
- Lay on your back with your arms extended.
- Bend your knees, trying to bring them as close to your chest as possible. Then, go back to the initial position.
- When you get used to it, you can also tone your obliques. To do this, cross your legs.
As we said at the beginning, you’ll only need a half an hour of your time to do these 8 exercises to tone your body at home.
Stop being lazy and start doing these exercises today. For the rest of the day, try to imagine the body you want to have. Think about how you want to be.
Doing this sends positive messages to your subconscious mind. This becomes your motivation.
Try them and tell us how it went!