8 Alkaline Diets for Your Health
Why should you follow an alkaline diet? You’ve surely heard about the benefits of this kind of diet on many occasions, and they’re certainly good for you. Studies have shown that your body should have a slightly alkaline pH in order to be balanced, and a balanced body is a healthy one. We’ve got plenty of options for alkaline diets in today’s article!
Most of the foods that we consume on a daily basis are too acidic. Salt, fat, processed foods, pastries… All these products cause your body to provide an acidic environment for your cells which, in the long term, increases your probability of suffering from health problems.
So, what should you do? Well, you can start by making sure you have an alkaline-acidic balance in your diet.
Today, we’re going to show you a few great tips to do just that. Check it out!
Alkaline diets: 8 breakfast options
As we’ve said on a number of occasions, the best thing you can do for your health is start the day with a glass of room temperature water with a bit of lemon juice. You should always drink this beverage on an empty stomach and wait half an hour before eating breakfast.
You can take that time to take a shower or get ready for the day. After 30 minutes has gone by, you can try one of these great breakfast options:
- A bowl of chopped apples and watermelon. Almond milk.
- A spinach omelette and a glass of carrot juice.
- Green tea with wheat pita bread and cherry tomatoes.
- An apple and beet smoothie. Pumpkin bread with honey.
- Pancakes with wheat germ and spinach. A glass of natural pineapple juice.
- Pear juice, a bowl of acidic cherries, chopped watermelon and hazelnuts or almonds.
- Green tea, a bowl of dates and dried fruits. An omelette with two cloves of garlic.
- A glass of natural apple juice, two carrots, boiled and then baked with a bit of cinnamon. Wheat pita bread with a few cherry tomatoes. Delicious!
Alkaline diets: 8 lunch options
It’s time for lunch and, as you may be able to guess, our most popular recommendation is going to be a nice, fresh salad.
Are you a salad-lover? If so, get creative and start creating delicious varied dishes full of vitamins and nutrients. Dishes which also achieve a balanced pH with the perfect mix of alkaline and acidic foods. Would you like to see a few simple examples?
- Green salad: Arugula, lettuce and lamb’s lettuce. Black olives. Sliced cucumber and quite a few red grapes. Add a bit of tofu and dress this salad with apple cider vinegar and a bit of olive oil. On another plate, serve yourself a bit of hummus. You should know by now that hummus is no more than chickpea puree, making it a healthy and delicious addition to your lunch.
- Green smoothie: smoothie with cabbage, half an avocado, cucumber, celery and half a glass of water. You should also add a bit of olive oil. Serve with pita bread and cherry tomatoes on the side.
- Spinach and garlic omelette, served with a salad with avocado, walnuts, celery and arugula.
- Steamed Brussels sprouts with apple cider vinegar and olive oil. A glass of beet and apple juice. Cherry tomatoes with chopped garlic on top.
- A grilled chicken breast with chives and asparagus. Endive leaves with a bit of apple cider vinegar.
- Cabbage juice with spinach and celery. Wheat pita bread with mustard, watercress, tomato and a bit of avocado.
- Scrambled eggs with asparagus. Salad with spinach, walnuts and orange slices.
- Chicken breast with tomato, garlic and asparagus. Salad with celery, arugula, walnuts and chopped apples.
Alkaline diets: recommendations for the afternoon
- Natural melon juice
- Almond milk
- Green tea
- One chopped apple with walnuts or almonds
- Any berry, such as blackberries or blueberries; these are great for adding to a banana smoothie, for example.
Alkaline diets: 8 dinner options
- Carrot soup with squash. Baked salmon with olive oil and chives.
- Squash puree. Baked chicken breast with a bit of mustard and cherry tomatoes.
- Tuna with basmati rice dressed with a bit of lemon juice and olive oil.
- Baked squash. An omelette with asparagus.
- Celery soup with chopped almonds. Wheat pita bread with avocado pieces, cherry tomatoes and pepper.
- A bit of hummus. A salad with arugula, cabbage, tomato and small turkey breast pieces.
- One baked potato with olive oil, along with salmon and an apple smoothie.
- Caramelized carrots with cinnamon. Whole grain basmati rice with avocado, raisins and almonds, dressed with the juice of half a lemon.
In conclusion, ideally, you should consume this type of diet at least three times per week. However, there is one more particular element that you should keep in mind. Living day in and day out with high stress levels keeps you from having a balanced organism. This weakens your immune system and causes your pH to become unbalanced.
When your cells experience high acidity levels, they are unable to transport as much oxygen and, in the long term, these small reactions can have a negative impact on your overall health. So, follow these tips for improving your quality of life:
- Consume these alkaline diet options at least three times per week
- Properly manage stressful and anxiety-producing situations
- Exercise regularly
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Get regular medical check-ups to control your pH balance