Decorating the walls of your home can be a fun, simple, cheap, and original task. You don’t have to spend a fortune to decorate your walls and the change will make your rooms look magical.
We decided to kick classical baroque styles to the curb and share the 7 best ideas for decorating your walls.
Ways to Decorate Your Walls
You can find them in different shapes and sizes. All you have to do is choose the ones you like the most and follow these steps:
- Choose only one wall to decorate, because if you do it on more than one the room will look charged.
- Put glue or cement on the wall.
- Remember to do this by sections.
- Then, place the stones and let them dry.
- You may need to cut or sand the ends.
Photographs and Lights
This is all the rage right now and looks spectacular in dark corners of the house. It lights them up and makes them pop.
The best part is that you can choose your favorite photographs of your loved ones, special moments, or places you’ve visited. Let your imagination run wild.
- Black and white photographs of different sizes.
- Wooden clothespins.
- Rustic string.
- Dry leaves.
- First, choose the wall where you want to place all your photos.
- Nail the wall where you want to start your decor (it’s best to start from the top).
- Then, tie the string to the nail.
- Keep on nailing the wall and tying the string to the nails.
- Place the clothespins along the strings and hang your photos on them.
- Finally, place the lights and dry leaves to add the finishing touches.
It’s the perfect way to make your walls look 3D. You can choose whatever sizes and colors you want to and place the cubes however you like. Ideas for Decorating with Cubes:
- White crates of the same size.
- Cubes or crates of different shapes and sizes, painted in bright colors.
- Vintage with antique objects inside.
- Side by side, painted brown or white.
- Pink or blue cubes with painted toys for nurseries.
This technique consists of decorating your walls with plants. It’s perfect for urban interiors that need a touch of nature.
- They absorb polluting particles from the environment.
- They provide greater biodiversity.
- In the summer, they lower the temperature a couple of degrees.
- Produce well-being.
- You’ll thoroughly enjoy creating these mini gardens.
- You can set them up in cabinet type shelves, one below the other.
- Another great idea is to place the plants in small pots along the wall.
- You can also use vines to decorate.
You can find wall-safe tapes in many different stores. They come in different shapes and colors. You can choose different designs:
- Horizontal stripes. You can place them along some sections or on the entire wall.
- Geometric designs. Triangles or rhombuses.
- You can make different shapes, numbers, or symbols with the tape.
Take a look at this article: Learn to Make a Hanging Garden
Using stencils is a traditional technique that consists of using templates. It’s really easy to make beautiful designs with them. You probably won’t use them on an entire wall. However, you can let your imagination run wild and stencil whatever you like.
- 1 pair of scissors.
- Design on paper.
- Tracing acetate.
- Small paint roller or paint brushes.
- First, print or trace your design on paper.
- Then, trace it on the acetate tracing paper. You can choose whatever shapes and colors you like.
- Cut out your design with the scissors.
- Tape it to the wall.
- Paint it will a roller or paintbrush.
- Finally, remove the stencil.
This technique consists in making holes in the wall and has become all the rage. You can make one or more symmetrical holes. These niches make your wall look really different.
You’ll probably need help to make the holes. You can decorate the holes however you like and also place decorations, books, and portraits on the wall.
They’ll look even more amazing if you set up some lighting.
It’s worth mentioning that changing a wall makes your home pop and also improves your mood, your health, and well-being. Dare to try out these decorations and make the most of your spaces.