7 Tricks to Make You an Expert in the Kitchen
All you need to cook like a pro is to take into account some tips and tricks that will help you make the most out of each ingredient. Learn about them in this article!
The kitchen has a mind of its own and becoming a pro isn’t always a simple task.
With these tricks, you’ll find it a little easier to cook like a chef, so if you want to improve your skills, keep reading.
You and your family will notice the improvement fast.
1. Don’t turn your meat constantlyAlthough this might seem like a minor detail, turning steak over and over can wind up causing problems with your food.
When you turn your meat too often you get a fillet without that desirable crispy braise.
This will also ensure that your meat doesn’t dry out, because if you’re turning it too often it’s more likely that the juices will leave the meat and become stuck to the pan.
To find out whether your meat is ready, it’s best to stir it around the pan. If it moves easily, it means that it’s time to remove it from the heat.
2. Find out if your eggs are fresh
If a lot of time has passed since you bought a dozen eggs, here’s a simple trick to help you know if they’re still fresh or not.
It’s something very easy that only takes a minute at home.
Just place the eggs inside a glass of water. Old eggs will float in the water, while fresh eggs will sink to the bottom of the glass.
If the egg stays in the middle, it means it will only last about two more weeks but you can still consume it safely.
3. Don’t eat freshly cooked meat
It’s very tempting to eat your steak right out of the pan, but the truth is that it isn’t always best.
In this case, the opposite is what is advisable: wait.
While many people don’t know this, your steak will taste better after you’ve let it rest for a while.
Remember that every steak needs a few minutes after you cook it before serving.
4. Soften your butterIf you need to cook a particular dish with butter and it should be softened as quickly as possible, remember this super easy trick that’s easy to implement.
It will hardly take you a few minutes.
- Just add a glass of water to your microwave and heat it.
- Next, toss out the water and add hold the glass over the butter you need.
- In just a few seconds you’ll find that the butter is completely soft and ready to use.
5. How to bake things properly
If you like roasting things in the oven and want to do it better, you should follow this recommendation.
All you need to do is sprinkle some grated cheese on your food five minutes before it’s done to keep it from burning while also giving you added cheesy flavor.
Of course, the most important thing to do is check the temperature of your oven and take this into account with your baking time.
This way you’ll avoid having burned food on the outside that’s raw inside, or other common mishaps.
6. Learn to freeze your brothIf you don’t have all the time in the world for cooking, something as simple as preparing a good broth and freezing it can make your life so much easier.
For this, it’s important that you not only include the right ingredients in your broth, but that you also know how to freeze it properly.
The best idea is to pour your broth into ice cube trays. Divide it into servings that you can use to cook sometime in the future.
For example, you could set aside rations to cook pasta one day, rice another, vegetables another day, and so on.
We recommend reading: 3 broths to detox your liver
7. Spice your food with fresh herbsHerbs are high in flavor and low in calories, so they’re much healthier alternatives than sauces when it comes to flavoring any dishes.
Depending on what it is you plan to cook, you can select the right herb for the dish.
To make good use of them it’s best to add well-chopped herbs to your dishes. It’s a simple trick that will amp up the flavor of your food.