If you wake up feeling tired in the morning you should know that morning fatigue is a very annoying problem that you can solve naturally by following some simple tips.
In this article, find out about 7 essential tips that’ll help you wake up energized, lively, and in a good mood each morning.
What causes morning fatigue?
Morning fatigue can have different causes since there are many factors that can lead to it:
- An intense lifestyle, nervousness, and stress.
- An unbalanced diet or lack of nutrients.
- Living a sedentary lifestyle.
- Bad habits.
- An inadequate sleep environment.
Below you’ll find some tips that will help you end the morning fatigue once and for all.
1. Improve your sleep quality
In order to wake up with energy, you must, first of all, be sure that you’re getting quality sleep. This is because your morning fatigue may be caused by a problem in your environment. To get a good night’s rest your make sure you follow these steps:
- Sleep in a quiet place.
- Don’t let any light in, however small, because this hinders the production of melatonin, the sleep hormone.
- Disconnect all electronic devices that surround you.
- Make sure your room is at an adequate temperature.
- Ensure that your room is tidy and that there are few objects around you.
- Make sure your room is properly ventilated, especially during the day.
- You can fill your bedroom with relaxing essences, such as lavender or chamomile.
- Take a hot shower before going to bed.
2. Fight stress
Stress is the great enemy of health, as it throws our entire body off balance and makes us vulnerable to any disorder.
One of the most common symptoms of stress is insomnia or difficulties in sleeping, which makes us feel tired every morning and throughout the day.
To combat stress, we must eat properly and, if necessary, take supplements to strengthen our body’s defenses and to avoid nutritional deficiencies.
However, this won’t be enough if you don’t change the pace of your life and value your priorities, such as your health.
3. Do medium-intensity exercise
It’s difficult to rest well if we haven’t tired ourselves out during the day, and we’re referring to physical, and not intellectual effort.
In fact, many people are increasingly exhausting themselves mentally, but lead sedentary lifestyles.
We recommend doing medium-intensity exercise two or three times a week. You’ll notice the benefits from day one.
4. Monitor the dinners
You should have a light dinner quite early in the evening to facilitate digestion before you go to bed.
This also helps to rest the liver and gallbladder and, therefore, improve the level of energy and feeling of well-being you when you get up.
When we eat too much for dinner, the body must concentrate the energy in the digestion process. It has to do this instead of helping us to completely recover from the fatigue that the day’s activities have caused.
5. Nutritious breakfasts
Those who wake up feeling tired should prioritize breakfast more than anyone else.
Although some people may leave home after only drinking one coffee, others need to get a good amount of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats to start the day with strength.
We recommend to include the following foods in your breakfast:
- Raw fruits and vegetables, in salad or smoothies. Coconut and avocado are highly recommended.
- Whole grains such as oats and bread made from rye or spelt flour.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Vegetable drinks.
6. Add health supplements to your diet if necessary
In some cases we may also need to take some supplements to strengthen us, such as the following:
- Korean ginseng (for short seasons).
- Maca powder.
- Beer yeast.
- Extra virgin coconut oil.
- Olive leaf.
You can take them occasionally and alternate between different ones according to the positive effects that you experience.
7. Hornbeam Flower Essence
There’s a floral essence that’s part of the famous Bach flower remedies, which is known as Hornbeam.
This essence helps us to combat the tiredness and exhaustion we experience before making any effort, like in the case of morning fatigue.
We can take 4 drops of this essence 4 times a day, alone or mixed with a little bit of water.
It has no contraindications or side effects, so it doesn’t carry any risk for sick people, children, or pregnant women.