Seven Things Never to Tolerate in a Relationship
It's essential to learn to identify these toxic behaviors that you should never tolerate in your relationship. Otherwise they can become consistent and destroy you psychologically.
There are things to never tolerate in a relationship. It’s important to recognize these toxic behaviors right from the start. This is because when we make the decision to have a partner, we seek to build an experience full of emotions and happiness. The attraction and affection we have for that person drives us to be better. Thus, over time, it allows us to feel whole.
However, we know we have to face difficult situations at some point and although these strengthen the bond at times they can also determine if we really want to continue with this adventure called love.
Ups and downs are normal but we must know how to identify some things we should never tolerate in a relationship. Emotional predators are everywhere, and unfortunately, we often fall into their game to the point of becoming a part of dangerous situations.
Today we’d like to tell you about seven things never to tolerate in a relationship so as not to end up hurt. Check them out!
We agree to have a relationship when we want to share our life with a given person. However, run the other way when another tries to take over your life.
- If you allow them to tell you what to do or not do, how to dress, or who your friends should be, then they’ll gain full control over your decisions over time
- Continuing this type of relationship will destroy your self-esteem and any freedom you have to develop your own personality
2. One of the things to never tolerate is aggression
Watch out! Under no circumstances should you allow aggressive behavior, physical or emotional, regardless of whether you’re a male or a female.
- Verbal attacks, pushing, and, in the worst case, hitting, are enough to decide that a given person should not be in your life
- Things will end badly when someone attacks your integrity because they don’t like some things in your life, or because they think they can solve your problems
Abusive people are quite manipulative. They’ll look for ways to convince you to stay with them because they know your weaknesses.
3. Lack of trust
One of the basic virtues of any relationship is trust. This ingredient allows both partners to feel sure about the person they’re with, even if they can’t always be together.
- Lack of trust, whether in both partners or just one, will lead to suffocating jealously and constant arguments.
4. Emotional blackmail
The sort of people who tend to manipulate their partners usually analyze their partner’s emotions in depth so they can blackmail them later on. In general, they try to build a concept of toxic love, in which all their actions and behaviors are valid because “they love you.”
- It’s very important to remain strong when facing this kind of blackmail because any sign of weakness will allow them to be in control.
5. Taunts about your appearance
We all have physical flaws, which can make us feel insecure and create issues in our relationships and social environments.
However, when we share our life with someone, we want that person to help us minimize what we don’t like and encourage our self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Leave anyone who makes fun of your body, pressures you about your weight, or tries to destroy you by emphasizing your defects
- You don’t have to comply with anybody’s beauty stereotypes, especially to please someone else
6. Lies are among the things to never tolerate in a relationship
Lies are another thing you should never tolerate in your relationship. They’re one of the greatest enemies of relationships, not just because they affect trust but also because they become tools for manipulation.
- Everyone tells an occasional white lie, but allowing lying to become a way of life can completely destroy a relationship
- Lies tend to be interpreted as infidelity, and when they’re frequent, they can serve as a trigger to realize that this person isn’t who they say they are
We recommend reading: 8 Lies that Happy People Refuse to Believe
7. Putting you down is one of the things to never tolerate in a relationship
Sad as it may seem, some people give everything to make their partner happy and, in exchange, only get put down and humiliated in front of other people. Thus, it’s best to walk away from them as soon as possible.
If your partner doesn’t value who you are, tries to make you feel inferior, or ridicules you in front of others, the best thing you can do is leave them as soon as possible.
Letting them get away with this kind of behavior will make them feel superior and entitled to attack you whenever they want.
Have you noticed any of these behaviors that you should never tolerate in your relationship? Watch out! Don’t let the situation get the best of you because you’ll soon regret it.
A relationship should be respectful and should offer you all the necessary components to feel happy.