7 Surprising Benefits of Mangoes
A mango a day can keep the doctor away! Learn about all of the incredible benefits of this delicious and nutritious tropical fruit.
The Magifera indica fruit, or mango, comes from a tropical origin. However, it’s now made its way to the four corners of the world.
There are few flavors that are as exciting, energizing, and appetizing as mangoes. They have a smooth texture and an attractive color.
Despite the fact that there are many kinds of mangoes, they all have one thing in common: they have a very thick flesh and a big, central seed. And, they all have infinite benefits for your health.
They are more than just another ingredient to put in your shakes, deserts, or salads. We’re looking at one of the most eaten and healthiest fruits in the world.
Today, we want to give you seven good reasons to eat it every day. Want to give it a shot?
1. Reduce your hypertension with a mango per day
Half a mango per day can help your health. Mangoes are rich in potassium and magnesium. These are two minerals that are very helpful for balancing your blood pressure.
Also, this wonderful fruit has vitamins like riboflavin, vitamin B6, A, C, K, and folic acid. These help your heart rhythm and get both nutrients and oxygen to every part of your body.
Make sure you’re eating a balanced diet, as well, though.
2. Mango prevents macular degeneration
Macular degeneration is a common eye disease that especially affects the elderly. It causes vision to become fuzzy and makes it takes more energy for us to focus on the small details.
Mangoes have zeaxanthin, a kind of antioxidant that protects your eyes. It especially works against sun damage and eye diseases associated with old age.
Remember to eat a big bowl of different fruits every day, including mangoes. If you do, your vision and general health will thank you!
3. It improves your digestion
Eating mangoes every day can even help your digestion. This is especially true if you suffer from indigestion and heartburn.
This fruit has digestive enzymes that do two things: they encourage the absorption of foods and they help keep you regular.
At the same time, mangoes are rich in bioactive components. These include esters, terpene, and aldehyde. These contribute to a more effective digestive system.
4. You should eat mangoes if you suffer from anemia
Suffering from Iron-deficiency anemia is a common problem for women. Heavy menstruation is usually one of the causes.
- If you find yourself dealing with anemia, remember this easy advice: eat mangoes regularly and you will increase your red blood cell count.
- Also, their high levels of vitamin C help us to “balance” our iron levels.
- Similarly, nutritionists usually recommend eating mangoes when you’re pregnant. This is because they give you some of the extra iron that you need.
- At the same time, they also provide folic acid. This is very important for the development of the fetus for the duration of your pregnancy.
5. They help with bone health
Vitamin K is a nutrient that we don’t pay enough attention to. However, it’s indispensable. This is because it helps strengthen our bones. It also helps increase the coagulation of blood.
If we have a deficiency of vitamin K, we have a higher chance of breaking our bones, like our hips.
We can fight this problem by eating a mango every day. This is because they are very rich in vitamin K, which is essential to help with calcium absorption.
6. Mangoes help with brain health
Mangoes have large amounts of vitamin B6. This nutrient is vital for maintaining and improving our brains.
It’s easy to see the results. This vitamin encourages the connection between neurons. It also helps with our sleep patterns.
Vitamin B6 also increases our memory, concentration, and blood flow to our brains.
7. Mangoes reinforce our defenses
Mangoes and carrots have many things in common. Both are rich in beta-carotenes, a powerful antioxidant. It’s also where these foods get their orange or yellow color.
It’s also very healthy:
- Beta-carotenes are great allies when it comes to our immune health.
- They help us protect ourselves from the bacteria and toxins we are surrounded with every day.
Regularly drinking a mango and carrot shake is a good idea. It gives you a great amount of vitamin A.
- This is another kind of antioxidant.
- Vitamin A protects us from free radicals that can damage our tissues. If left unchecked, they can cause premature aging.
These are just some of the many reasons why mangoes are such a great option to add to our diet.
Not only are they delicious, but they also provide well-being and fullness. They can even increase our quality of life and take care of our health.
How can you resist them?