7 Steps to Beat Belly Fat
Abdominal fat, on top of being undesirable, is also dangerous. Remember that a waist size larger than 35 inches puts a woman’s health at risk.
Extra pounds on the stomach can cause diabetes and certain serious heart problems.
Now, knowing this, how can we quickly eliminate this problem? First, we need to be realistic. Abdominal fat is not going to just disappear in two weeks.
We also can’t forget to mention that everyone has a unique metabolism and should be aware of how it’s impacted.
Losing weight requires dedication and willpower.
Can you do it? Of course you can. We’ll show you how to get started today with 7 easy steps to beat belly fat.
1. Eat tropical fruit to beat belly fat
Tropical fruits like pineapple and papaya contain digestive enzymes. In addition to possessing anti-inflammatory properties, these fruits help reduce fluid retention and improve digestion.
We can’t forget that good digestion is synonymous with good health. So taking good care of our intestinal health by eating cleansing foods will also promote weight loss.
Discover: 7 Fruits that Help You Lose Weight
Ways to eat more tropical fruit
- Add some fresh pineapple to your salads, and combine it with spinach and nuts.
- Make a fruit salad for breakfast with papaya and other fresh fruits.
- Prepare natural papaya and pineapple juices.
2. Purple fruits and vegetables
Purple fruits and vegetables are amazing for your health and a great way to beat belly fat. However, you should choose the ones that appeal to you most, paying attention to how they make you feel.
- Purple fruits contain lutein, zeaxanthin, resveratrol, vitamin C, fiber, quercetin and ellagic acid. Their nutrients help reduce bad cholesterol or LDL.
- They increase immune system activity.
- They improve digestion and help cleanse the body.
Also check out: 5 Exercises to Reduce Fat and Tone Your Arms
Some of the best fruits and vegetables in this category include:
3. Monosaturated fats
Monosaturated fats to beat belly fat? It might seem impossible, but these types of fats are fundamental for our health and figure.
- There are some healthy fatty acids that can help burn fat and keep it from accumulating.
- Monosaturated fats trigger a chain of mechanisms that work in the abdomen to break down stubborn belly fat.
- Foods rich in omega-9 are essential because our bodies cannot produce it. It keeps the heart healthy and prevents strokes.
Here’s a list of foods that you should include in your diet:
- Extra virgin olive oil
4. Eat soluble fiber
Soluble fiber can help us the most when it comes to losing weight around the abdomen. During digestion, it absorbs water to become a gel.
This slows down the digestive process, leaving you feeling full while it eliminates toxins from the intestines. Start including these foods in your daily diet:
- Oatmeal, bran, rye
- Carrots, leeks, asparagus
5. Sage tea
You’ll find sage at any herbalist. It’s often called “woman’s plant” because of the many benefits it offers for female health:
- Alleviates the symptoms of menstruation and menopause.
- In addition, sage tea helps the body eliminate toxins and fight stress. It even helps release trapped gas.
- You should drink a cup of tea every morning on an empty stomach because it’s great for fighting abdominal fat.
6. Walk for 30 minutes every day
Walking is an essential exercise that everyone should practice every day. On top of improving your health, it helps jump start your metabolism to help you burn fat easier.
Also read: The Benefits of Walking Every Day
7. Work your abs for 30 minutes
We all know that we need to eat a healthy, balanced diet, drink plenty of water, and avoid saturated fats and sugary drinks.
On top of these basic steps, one is absolutely essential: exercise to strengthen this area. Strengthening muscles means fat will gradually disappear.
Take a look at some of these easy exercises you can do in half an hour:
- Climb stairs.
- Do “plank” poses and exercises for the waist area:
- Lie on your stomach on a yoga mat and lift your body off the ground, using your forearms and the end of your feet for support.
- The hips should remain slightly raised, your spine straight and your neck relaxed.
- Hold this position for 15-20 seconds, then rest.
- Do 3 sets.
- Leg curls require more resistance, but they are incredibly effective:
- Sit at the edge of a chair, with your back bent towards the rear and your legs extended.
- Now, start bending your knees to bring your thighs towards your abdomen.
- Keep the muscles contracted as you complete the rep. Try to do 8-10 reps.
- Complete 3 sets.
Remember that dancing, yoga and simple stretches that exercise the abdominal area will also help you beat belly fat.
Are you ready to start these 7 steps today?