7 Spices that Speed Up Your Metabolism
Adding spices to your diet is a simple and way to speed up your metabolism and burn more fat. Learn more in this article!
Maintaining a healthy weight is essential to a healthy lifestyle. However, achieving your desired weight isn’t easy, especially given all the bad habits we have today. Fortunately, there are some spices that can help speed up your metabolism and are easy to incorporate into your regular diet.
To reach your desired weight, you need to focus on three objectives:
- Speed up your metabolism
- Reduce fat
- Suppress your appetite
How can spices benefit my health?
The spices we’ll recommend today are rich in nutrients. Not only does this help wight weight loss, but it may also reduce your risk for certain diseases, such as the following:
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart attack
Let’s take a look at these spices!
The mustard plant belongs to the cruciferous family, which includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli.
Mustard seeds help speed up your metabolism because they increase your body temperature and help you burn calories more efficiently.
What should you do?
- First of all, you can eat three teaspoons of mustard seeds before exercising. This will help you burn some extra calories during your workout.
- You can consume commercial mustard, but it typically contains preservatives and salt that produce the effects opposite to those you desire. The best option to get maximum benefit is to eat the seeds.
Turmeric is a brightly-colored spice that’s many people use for cooking..
According to various studies, this spice might be able to reduce the formation of fatty tissue.
That means that when you consume turmeric, it may help with your weight loss goals.
It can also be useful if you have diabetes. That’s because it improves your insulin resistance and regulates hyperglycemia.
3. GingerWould you like to burn more fat with less exercise? A common problem people have is that they don’t get the amount of exercise that’s needed to reach their desired weight.
Fortunately, ginger causes your body to burn extra fat as fuel.
In addition to that, ginger can soothe and relax your gastrointestinal tract. That’s because it has anti-inflammatory properties.
To obtain these benefits, you have several options. The easiest one is to consume a cup of ginger tea every day. You can have it with breakfast or use it in the base for a green smoothie.
Cardamom is an aromatic spice that’s people often use in oriental cuisine. Some people also recommend it as a medicinal treatment for digestive disorders.
It’s important to note its peculiar sweet and spicy flavor. This can turn some people off the first time they consume it.
However, it’s can help you burn more fat.
This spice comes from the branches of certain shrubs that, when dried, form the aromatic tubes we are so familiar with.
Cinnamon has multiple benefits, including:
- Decreasing the body’s acid levels
- Regulating digestion
- Fighting the flu
- Reducing blood sugar levels
- Regulating triglyceride and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels
To take advantage of these benefits, just add a little ground cinnamon to your desserts. In addition, another option is cinnamon tea, which you can drink every day. If you find the tea boring, add a little milk or use it as a base for other beverages.
6. CuminCumin is a spice that speeds up the metabolism and adds a unique aroma and flavor to your dishes.
Read Also: How the Fast Metabolism Diet Works
It has a wide variety of properties that can help you lose weight:
- It improves digestion by metabolizing more nutrients.
- Cumin fights inflammation, which is especially useful if you are prone to bloating.
- It reduces the formation of gas.
- It’s a natural antioxidant that stimulates your metabolism to destroy fatty tissue and convert it into energy
7. Black pepper
Black pepper provides a unique a spicy touch to your recipes while also:
- Stimulating the secretion of gastric juices, which speeds up the digestive processes
- Reducing the production of gas
- Acting as a natural diuretic
- Regulating blood pressure
Also Read: The 4 Most Diuretic Teas
The best thing about black pepper is that it’s one of the most common spices, so you probably already use it. If not, it’s time to start adding it to your dishes.
To be successful with your weight loss goals, you should complement these spices with a daily exercise routine and a balanced diet.