7 Spices that Speed Up Your Metabolism
It’s important to have a healthy weight to lead a healthy life. However, achieving your desired weight isn’t easy, especially given all the bad habits we have today.
Fortunately, there are some spices that can help speed up your metabolism and are easy to incorporate into your regular diet.
To reach your desired weight, you need to focus on three objectives:
- Speed up your metabolism
- Reduce fat
- Suppress your appetite
The spices we’ll recommend today are rich in nutrients that improve your quality of life and prevent diseases, such as the following:
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart attack
Let’s take a look at them!
The mustard plant belongs to the cruciferous family, which includes cabbage, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli.
Mustard seeds help speed up your metabolism because they increase your body temperature and help you burn calories more efficiently.
What should you do?
- First of all, you can eat three teaspoons of mustard seeds before exercising. This will help you burn some extra calories during your workout.
- However, the best option to get the most benefits is to eat the seeds. You can consume commercial mustard, but it typically contains preservatives and salt that produce the opposite effects from what is desired. Instead, opt for the natural, organic type.
Turmeric is a brightly colored spice that’s widely used in cooking.
According to various studies, this spice can reduce the formation of fatty tissue.
That means that when you consume turmeric, it reduces body fat and prevents you from gaining weight.
It can also be useful in the treatment of diabetes because it improves your insulin resistance and regulates hyperglycemia.
Would you like to burn more fat with less exercise? A common problem people have is that they don’t get the amount of exercise that’s needed to reach their desired weight.
Fortunately, ginger causes your body to burn extra fat as fuel.
In addition to that, ginger can soothe and relax your gastrointestinal tract thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties.
To obtain these benefits, you have several options. The easiest one is to consume a cup of ginger tea every day. You can have it with breakfast or use it as a base for a green smoothie.
Cardamom is an aromatic spice that’s widely used in Eastern cuisine and as a medicinal treatment for digestive disorders.
It’s important to note its peculiar sweet and spicy flavor. This can turn some people off the first time they consume it.
However, it’s ideal for increasing your ability to burn fat.
Cinnamon comes from the branches of certain shrubs that, when dried, form the aromatic tubes we are so familiar with.
Cinnamon has multiple benefits, including:
- Decreasing the body’s acid levels
- Regulating digestion
- Fighting the flu
- Reducing blood sugar levels
- Regulating triglyceride and bad cholesterol (LDL) levels
To take advantage of these benefits, just add a little ground cinnamon to your desserts. In addition, another option is cinnamon tea, which you can drink every day. If you find the tea boring, add a little milk or use it as a base for other beverages.
Cumin is a spice that speeds up the metabolism and adds a unique aroma and flavor to your dishes.
It has a wide variety of properties that can help you lose weight:
- It improves digestion by metabolizing more nutrients
- Cumin fights inflammation, which is especially useful if you are prone to bloating
- It reduces the formation of gas that can cause constipation
- It’s a natural antioxidant that stimulates your metabolism to destroy fatty tissue and convert it into energy
7. Black pepper
Black pepper provides a unique a spicy touch to your recipes, while also:
- Stimulating the secretion of gastric juices, which speeds up the digestive processes
- Reducing the production of gas
- Acting as a natural diuretic
- Regulating blood pressure
The best thing about black pepper is that it’s one of the most common spices, so you probably already use it. If not, it’s time to start adding it to your dishes.
To lose weight in a shorter period of time, you should complement these spices with a daily exercise routine and a balanced diet.