7 Smoothies That Can Unclog Arteries
A balanced diet is fundamental to good health. The smoothies in this article unclog arteries and are easy to digest. They’re also really delicious!
Consuming fats and salt is one of the main reasons why blood can’t travel comfortably through the arteries. The arterial walls build up these substances, making it difficult for the blood to flow normally. We shouldn’t take high cholesterol levels lightly because they can lead to heart attacks or strokes. Therefore, we recommend you try some of these smoothies as they can unclog arteries.
Unclog arteries naturally
It’s important to include foods that help us reduce blood triglycerides in our diet. These substances clog the arteries and prevent blood from being transported correctly. It’s essential to keep our cholesterol within normal limits to avoid suffering from heart problems.
Pay close attention to these smoothie recipes. They contain fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids which will help you unclog your arteries.
1. Consume strawberries, blueberries, and chia seeds to unclog arteries
Both strawberries and blueberries have many properties, as well as vitamin C and antioxidants. In addition, the chia seeds contained in this recipe provide very effective fatty acids that help unclog the arteries.
- 1 cup of milk (preferably almond or walnut milk) (250 ml)
- ½ cup of blueberries (75 g)
- 1 cup of strawberries (170 g)
- ¼ cup of chia seeds (60 g)
- ¼ cup of mint leaves (25 g)
- Wash the strawberries and blueberries well. After this, cut them in half.
- Place the fruits in the blender and add the milk.
- Add the chia seeds.
- Blend the ingredients for a few minutes, until you get a smooth mixture with a creamy texture.
- Drink it immediately and decorate with mint leaves, which will add more flavor and give the smoothie a nice aroma.
2. Melon and grape smoothie
As you can see, the fruits in this smoothie are perfect for improving our cardiovascular health. The nutrients provided by both the melon and grapes reduce cholesterol and unclog arteries.
- ½ a cup of melon (75 g)
- ¼ cup of green grapes (40 g)
- ½ a cup of water (125 ml)
- ¼ cup of mint leaves (25 g)
- Peel the melon and cut it into cubes.
- Wash the grapes well and cut them in half to remove the seeds.
- Place both fruits in the blender.
- Add the water and blend the ingredients well.
- After this, decorate the smoothie with washed mint leaves.
3. Cabbage, carrot, and parsley smoothie
Here is a vegetable smoothie so you don’t think that only fruits are good for unclogging arteries. The following smoothie is rich in calcium and prevents atherosclerosis and the formation of blood clots.
- ½ a cup of kale (33 g)
- ¼ cup of chopped parsley (25 g)
- ½ a cup of carrots (70 g)
This article may interest you: 5 Incredible Benefits of Eating Parsley
- Wash the kale well and cut it into medium strips.
- Wash the parsley. Only use the leaves and not the stem. Chop the leaves.
- Peel the carrots and cube them.
- Put the cabbage, parsley, and carrot in the blender. If you wish, you can add some water.
- Blend all the ingredients until well integrated.
- You can strain the smoothie before serving it. Drink the smoothie every morning.
4. Broccoli, tomato, and celery smoothie
No, this isn’t a salad (even though these ingredients could perfectly be used to make one). We’re actually talking about a smoothie that will help unclog arteries effectively.
- 1 cup of broccoli flowers (150 g)
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup of celery (60 g)
Read more: 7 Reasons To Eat Tomatoes 7 Days a Week
- Wash the broccoli well and separate the flowers from the stems. You will only use the flowers.
- Wash the tomatoes and cube them.
- Wash the celery stems and chop them up.
- Put the vegetables in the blender and blend them together.
- If you wish, you can add some water and a minced garlic clove.
- It’s best if you drink this smoothie in the morning after you’ve freshly prepared it.
5. Carrot and radish smoothie
The antioxidant properties of both ingredients are ideal for those who want to unclog their arteries to have better blood circulation.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 cup of carrots (140 g)
- ½ cup of radishes (60 g)
- Peel the carrots and slice them.
- Wash the radishes, remove the roots and leaves, and cut it into four parts (you can also grate it to make it easier to blend).
- Put the carrots and radishes in the blender.
- Add the water and blend well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
6. Pear and spinach smoothie
This smoothie is sweet and sour and a very tasty idea that will help you start the day with lots of energy. It will also improve arterial health.
- 2 cups of pears (300 g)
- 4 cups of spinach (120 g)
- Peel the pears and cube them after discarding the seeds.
- Chop the spinach well and cut off the stems; only use the leaves.
- Put the pears and spinach in the blender.
- Blend well until you get a homogeneous smoothie.
- Drink it immediately.
7. Carrot and apple smoothie
This is another option that mixes fruits and vegetables – you’ll love it! The antioxidant properties of the ingredients in this recipe unclog arteries, leaving them healthy and clear. You should drink this smoothie 3 times a week in the morning (preferably on an empty stomach).
- 1 cup of carrots (140 g)
- ½ cup of a red apple of your choice (75 g)
- 1 cup of grapes (160 g)
- ½ cup of orange (75 g)
- Peel the apple, cut it in half, remove its seeds, and then chop it up.
- Wash the grapes and remove their seeds (if they have any).
- Peel the orange, cut it into wedges, and take out its seeds.
- Put the carrots, apple, grapes, and orange in the blender. If you wish, you can add some ice cubes.
- Blend the ingredients well and then drink the smoothie.