7 Reasons Why You Should Eat a Green Apple on an Empty Stomach
In order to maximize the benefits that a green apple has to offer, we should make sure that it's an organic selection so we can eat the skin as well
However, green apples are especially recommendable because of their low calorie content and high concentration of phytonutrients that provide additional benefits.
Green apples have an unmistakable sour taste and they’re mostly made up of water. Thus, they’re prefect for detoxing and re-hydrating the body.
In addition, green apples also have important quantities of dietary fiber, amino-acids, vitamins and minerals. When ingested, these nutrients aid in physical and mental well-being.
For some time now, it’s been recommended to eat a green apple on an empty stomach not only because it provides energy, but also because the fruit can jog metabolism and prevent sicknesses.
We are fully aware that many of us still don’t include them in our diet, so we would like to share 7 reasons, in detail, why we should eat them more frequently.
1. Weight loss
One green apple only has 80 calories. Despite the low number, it’s a powerful energy source thanks to its carbohydrate and amino-acid content.
- Eating this fruit on an empty stomach provides the body with higher fiber concentration that, in addition to improving digestion, keeps us satisfied for a longer period of time.
- Its nutrients get metabolism running from the first hours of the day and, thanks to the jump-start, the body can burn calories more easily.
2. Diabetes prevention
Adding this fruit to our daily diet is an simple and effective way of reducing the risk of diabetes, especially for those who have risk factors of suffering from the illness.
- Apples’ high soluble fiber content plays a part in metabolizing sugar sources, helping the body to use them as energy sources.
- Among other things, eating apples in the morning reduces cravings for sweets and helps the body use insulin appropriately.
You didn’t know? 5 Unexpected Consequences of Diabetes
3. Cardiovascular health
The nutrients that we can find in this apple variety– more concretely, flavonoids and fiber– have important benefits for our cardiovascular health.
- Eating green apples helps with the regulation of high cholesterol levels, stopping plaque from forming in the arteries.
- They have significant levels of potassium, an essential mineral that balances the body’s electrolytes in order to protect muscles and the heart.
- Apples help reduce inflammatory molecules that, at times, can cause complications in the heart as well as in blood circulation and brain.
Eating a green apple on an empty stomach can be a solution to end slow digestion and chronic constipation once and for all.
- Pectin, a type of fiber found in the fruit, regulates intestinal movements and aids in the elimination of waste.
- Green apples have light carminatives effects that combat gas build-up in the digestive tract.
- The fruit neutralizes excessive production of gastric juices and prevents inconveniences such as indigestion and reflux.
5. Cerebral health
There are many factors that influence brain health. However, eating an apple every morning can contribute to preventing illnesses that lead to cognitive deterioration.
- The green apple has plenty of antioxidants, among those are catechin and epicatechin. These antioxidants protect brain cells from the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Flavonoids, together with the vitamin C and magnesium found in apples, help regenerate cells. By improving circulation, they optimize oxygenation for brain tissue.
6. Skin health
We’re not talking about a miracle remedy for wrinkles or anything of that matter. However, the apple’s antioxidants are also excellent allies for fighting against premature signs of aging in the skin.
- By adding apples to your diet, its substances aid in cellular reconstruction and rejuvenation. As a result, there’s a reduction in wrinkles and skin spots.
- The high water content in apples keeps skin hydrated and, over time, purifies it.
- Green apples are great for stimulating collagen and elastin production, which are substances that keep the dermis firm and young.
Want to know more? 5 Ideas for Smooth Healthy Skin
7. Dental plaque reduction
The compounds in green apples provide significant benefits for our dental health by reducing bacterial plaque formation.
- Its natural acids clean teeth. In addition, the acid neutralizes bacteria growth that can cause infections.
- Green apples also increase saliva production and, by regulating the mouth’s pH level, it prevents bad breath.
You still haven’t included this fruit in your diet? Now that you know about its main benefits, don’t think twice about eating one each morning, skin on.