7 reasons to eat a green apple on an empty stomach
Eating a green apple every day on an empty stomach can be an excellent habit to start the day with enthusiasm. Not so much because the apple is green, but because this fruit is rich in various nutrients and is a natural source of energy.
Although all varieties of apples are ideal to complement a diet, green apples, in particular, can be a good ally in our daily life. This is because they help us achieve better results when trying to lose weight (and later, maintaining it).
It’s common knowledge that green apples stand out for their low-calorie intake and high concentration of phytonutrients that give them advantages over the others. Additionally, the green apple has an unmistakable sour taste, which is very refreshing.
Up next, we’ll share 7 reasons to eat them more often.
According to research from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, the apple is a fruit that contains a certain amount of potassium and vitamin C, which contribute to our diet thoroughly.
This fruit is also a source of flavonoids, procyanidins, and organic acids. However, it’s commonly known for its fiber content, which helps maintain good intestinal transit and contributes to our well-being in general.
It’s advisable to eat a green apple on an empty stomach or early in the morning to provide the body with part of the energy it needs to perform all its functions.
1. A green apple can help you lose weight
One green apple only has 80 calories, approximately. Despite the low number, it’s a powerful energy source thanks to its carbohydrate and amino-acid content.
- Eating this fruit on an empty stomach provides the body with higher fiber concentration that, in addition to improving digestion, keeps us sated for a longer period of time.
- Its nutrients get our metabolism up and running early in the morning and, thanks to that, the body can burn calories more easily.
Learn about: Improving Mood by Adding Fiber Into the Diet
2. Diabetes prevention
Including this fruit in our daily diet is a simple and effective way of reducing the risk of diabetes or keeping it under control
- The high soluble fiber content in apples plays a part in metabolizing sugar sources, helping the body to use them as an energy source.
- Among other things, eating apples in the morning reduces cravings for sweets and promotes the correct use of insulin.
3. Takes care of our cardiovascular health
The nutrients that we can find in this apple variety, particularly flavonoids and fiber, provide important benefits for our cardiovascular health.
- Eating green apples helps with the regulation of high cholesterol levels, preventing the formation of plaques in the arteries.
- They have significant levels of potassium, an essential mineral that balances the body’s electrolytes in order to protect muscles and the heart.
- Apples help reduce inflammatory molecules that, at times, can cause complications in the heart as well as in blood circulation and the brain.
4. Improves digestion
Eating a green apple on an empty stomach can be a solution to end slow digestion and chronic constipation once and for all.
- Pectin, a type of fiber found in this fruit, regulates intestinal movements and aids in the expulsion of waste.
- Green apples have light carminative effects that help combat gas build-up in the digestive tract.
- This fruit neutralizes excessive production of gastric juices and prevents inconveniences such as indigestion and reflux.
5. Protects cerebral health
There are many factors that influence our brain health. However, it’s hypothesized that eating an apple every morning can contribute to preventing illnesses that lead to cognitive deterioration.
- The green apple has plenty of antioxidants, among which, catechin and epicatechin stand out. These antioxidants protect brain cells from the harmful effects of free radicals.
- These flavonoids, together with vitamin C and magnesium, increase the regeneration rate of cells. By improving circulation, they optimize brain tissue oxygenation.
6. Improves skin health
We’re not talking about a miracle remedy for wrinkles or anything of the kind. However, the antioxidants in green apples are also excellent allies for fighting against premature signs of aging on the skin.
- By adding apples to your diet, its properties aid in cellular reconstruction and rejuvenation. As a result, there’s a reduction in wrinkles and skin spots.
- The high water content in apples keeps the skin hydrated and, over time, purifies it.
- Green apples are ideal for stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. These substances can keep the dermis firm and young.
7. Dental plaque reduction
The compounds in green apples provide significant benefits for our dental health by helping to reduce the formation of bacterial plaque.
- Its natural acids clean teeth. In addition, the acid neutralizes bacteria growth that can cause infections.
- Green apples also increase saliva production and, by regulating the mouth’s pH level, they prevent bad breath.
Ready to enjoy a green apple on an empty stomach?
You still haven’t included this fruit in your diet yet? Now that you know about its main benefits, don’t think twice about eating one each morning, without removing the skin.
Keep in mind that to enjoy good health and well-being, you shouldn’t limit your diet to apple consumption. Instead, try to take advantage of all the fruits you can, within a balanced diet.It might interest you...