7 Reasons Why You Should Eat a Green Apple on an Empty Stomach
Eating a green apple every day on an empty stomach is an excellent habit to start the day out right. This is a type of fruit that’s rich in several nutrients and a natural source of energy.
Although it’s been shown that all varieties of apples are recommended as part of a healthy diet, green apples, in particular, can be a really good ally in our day-to-day lives, since they help to get better results when it comes to losing weight and, subsequently, keep our bodies healthy.
This variety stands out for its low-calorie intake and high concentration of phytonutrients, which give it certain advantages over other types of fruit. In addition, it has an unmistakable sour taste, which is very refreshing.
According to data from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation, apples are a fruit that contains a good amount of potassium and vitamin C, which contribute to providing us with these nutrients in our diet.
Moreover, this fruit is also a source of flavonoids, procyanidins, and organic acids. It’s also commonly noted for its contribution of fiber, which helps our bodies maintain good intestinal transit and contributes to the overall well-being of our body in general.
It’s recommended to consume a green apple on an empty stomach or early in the morning to provide the body with some of the energy it needs to perform all its functions.
Here are seven reasons to eat green apples more often at breakfast or on an empty stomach.
1. Green apple fasting to lose weight
A piece of this fruit provides only about 80 calories. On the other hand, its content of carbohydrates, fiber, and amino acids makes it a good source of energy.
- Eating a green apple on an empty stomach provides the body with a high concentration of fiber that, in addition to improving digestion, prolongs the feeling of satiety.
- The nutrients found in green apples jump-start the metabolism from the first hours of the day and, thanks to this, it’s believed that you can burn calories more easily.
You might find this article interesting: The Best Tips to Combat Food Cravings
2. Eating a green apple a day can help prevent diabetes
Including this fruit in your daily diet is a simple and effective way to reduce your risk of diabetes or keep it under control.
- Its large supply of soluble fiber is involved in metabolizing sugar sources, thus promoting its use as a source of energy.
- Among other things, eating a green apple on an empty stomach decreases cravings for sweets in the morning and promotes the proper utilization of insulin.
3. It helps take care of your cardiovascular health
The nutrients contained in this variety of apple – particularly flavonoids and fiber – exert important benefits on cardiovascular health.
- These nutrients favor the regulation of high cholesterol levels, preventing the formation of plaque in the arteries.
- Also, this fruit contains significant amounts of potassium, an essential mineral that balances the body’s electrolytes to protect the muscles and heart.
- It helps decrease inflammatory molecules that often cause difficulties in the heart, circulation, and brain.
4. Green apples help improve digestion
Eating a piece of green apple on an empty stomach can be a solution to slow digestion and chronic constipation.
- Pectin, a type of fiber contained in this fruit, regulates bowel movements and promotes the expulsion of waste.
- This type of fruit also has slight carminative effects, which help combat the accumulation of gas in the digestive tract.
- Green apples also neutralize the excessive production of gastric juices and prevent discomforts such as indigestion and acid reflux.
You might find this interesting: Ten Healthy Foods to Regulate Your Digestion
5. Eating green apples helps protect brain health
Many factors determine brain health. However, it’s hypothesized that eating a piece of fruit every morning may help prevent diseases that cause cognitive decline.
- A high contribution of antioxidants such as cyanidin and epicatechin protects the brain cells against the harmful effects of free radicals.
- These flavonoids, together with vitamin C and magnesium, increase cell regeneration.
- By improving circulation, they also optimize oxygenation to the brain tissues.
6. Eat green apples on an empty stomach for skin health
This is not a miracle wrinkle remedy or anything like that! However, the antioxidants in green apple are also excellent allies against premature signs of aging on the skin.
- When added to the diet, the properties of this fruit promote cellular reconstruction and rejuvenation. Thus, they reduce the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes.
- Meanwhile, the high water content in this fruit keeps the skin hydrated and stimulates detoxification.
- This fruit is also ideal for stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, which are substances that keep the dermis firm and young.
7. Apples reduce dental plaque
The compounds in this variety of apples provide important dental health benefits by helping to reduce the formation of bacterial plaque.
- Believe it or not, the natural acids found in apples clean the teeth. In addition, they neutralize the growth of bacteria that cause infections.
- These substances increase saliva production and prevent bad breath by regulating the pH of the mouth.
Are you ready to enjoy a green apple on an empty stomach?
Are you still not including this fruit in your diet? Now that you know its main benefits, don’t hesitate to eat a green apple on an empty stomach every morning. However, make sure to do this without removing the skin.
Also, remember that to enjoy health and wellness, you shouldn’t limit your fruit intake to apple consumption, but rather try to take advantage of all the fruits you can within the context of a balanced diet.It might interest you...