7 Organic Skin Care Products
There’s a lot of talk lately about using natural and organic skin care products. Some people choose them because they have sensitive skin and need to avoid products and creams that contain chemicals.
In other cases, these products better fit people’s environmental consciousness. Regardless of the reason, in today’s article we want to discuss seven natural products that will help you take better care of your skin.
An organic product is one that has been manufactured in a way that ensures both human and environmental health.
No toxic products are used during preparation, and this includes chemicals, fertilizers, genetically modified organisms, antibiotics, or hormones.
In the cosmetics industry, this means using natural products instead of chemical ingredients (which are typically derived from petroleum). The goal is to use the products that are better for the biochemical composition of the skin.
Nutrients are better preserved in organic products because they have high levels of antioxidants. One of the safest – and often the cheapest – ways to protect your skin is by using organic products.
Natural and organic skin care products
1. Aloe vera
This is an ideal product for fighting wrinkles. Aloe vera promotes the regeneration of the skin, which speeds up your natural cell renewal process.
See also: 5 medicinal benefits of aloe vera
2. HoneyThis is used as a facial moisturizer because it contains silicone, which keeps skin from sagging. For most people, sagging occurs around the neck area.
Eggs are rich in vitamins A, B, D, and E, which contribute to healthy skin. They also contain lecithin, a substance that is very hydrating.
Thanks to their high nutritional value and antioxidant properties, avocados are used in masks to help prevent wrinkles and dry skin.
5. Green tea
Green tea contains natural antioxidants that regulate cellular activity and improve the health of your skin. Plus, it has wonderful properties for cellular regeneration.
This beverage also contains tannins, an astringent ingredient that is ideal for people who suffer from acne.
The fruit and the peel of bananas are excellent for regenerating your skin, eliminating dark circles, and hydration.
7. Olive oil
This natural exfoliant helps prevent dry skin.
The benefits of using organic skin care products
Organic skin care products have countless benefits. They:
- Won’t damage your skin, as they don’t contain chemicals or toxins to be absorbed by your epidermis.
- Don’t harm the environment. When you avoid the use of chemical products, you protect the soil, air, and water.
- Are higher quality and contain more nutrients. These products preserve their benefits better.
- Lower your risk of experiencing irritation or adverse reactions, because they don’t contain artificial chemicals.
- Are softer and gentler on your skin.
- Reduce your risk of suffering from certain diseases.
- Leave your skin looking younger.
- Minimize wrinkles and age spots.
- Help your skin look fresh, clear, and healthy.
Some organic skin care products can even be prepared at home.
While it’s true that your skin is designed to recover from any damage, there are certain environmental factors that can impede this process, and your skin needs additional vitamins and nutrients.
You always need to be gentle with your skin if you want it to stay healthy and beautiful.
Reasons to choose organic and natural products
Organic products and foods strengthen your immune system, reduce your chance of developing certain diseases, improve your sleep quality, and help you lose weight. Overall, there are countless reason to opt for organic products. They:
- Are healthy and free from toxins from chemicals, fertilizers, pesticides, and more.
- Don’t contain leftover hormonal compounds.
- Organic products are nutritious with more vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, protein, and natural sugars.
- Have better flavor, aroma, and color. Only natural products are used to make them, so the nutritional quality is not altered.
- Don’t harm the environment.
- Don’t contaminate water resources by the use of chemicals.
- Help conserve the soil.
- Their environmentally friendly methods of production promote biodiversity.
Natural recipes for skin care
It’s very important to care for the skin on your face. It’s exposed every day to aggressive environmental factors that can trigger different reactions, such as sun spots and acne.
Always be careful what you choose for skin care. Here are some recipes for taking care of your skin in a natural way:
1. Rosewater toner
This is ideal for all skin types, and it smells amazing.
- 1 handful of red or white rose petals (20 g)
- 1 liter of water (1000 ml)
- Place the petals in a glass container with a lid.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the petals.
- Let it cool.
- Then, strain off the liquid.
- Store it in a spray bottle or a container with a lid.
- Apply it in the morning after your shower (before using any other skin care products) and at night before you go to sleep.
- Let it air dry.
2. Oatmeal and honey mask
This mask is great for oily skin that has a tendency to develop acne. Oats have the ability to absorb excess fat.
- 4 tablespoons of oat flakes (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey (10 g)
- 2 egg whites
- 3 drops of lavender oil (0.2 ml)
- The juice from 1/2 a lemon (50 g)
- Mix the ingredients together to form a paste.
- Apply it to clean skin.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- Use this mask once a week.
See also: Oatmeal: a natural remedy for anxiety
3. Sugar scrub with almond oil
This mask is ideal for dry skin. It deeply moisturizes your skin and leaves it clean and soft. It also eliminates any blackheads that build up in the T-zone of your face.
- 1 tablespoon of organic sugar (20 g)
- 5 drops of almond oil (0.25 ml)
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (100 g)
- Mix all the ingredients together until you obtain a paste.
- You can add additional sugar, if needed.
- Apply this in the mornings before using any other products, or at night before bed.
- Place a little paste on your fingertips and gently massage it around your entire face.
- Rinse with warm water.
You can find organic beauty products in health food stores that will improve your skin care routine. They won’t leave any chemicals behind that could damage your skin.
This is why using natural products is healthy and will keep your skin clean and blemish-free.It might interest you...