7 Nutritious and Delicious Smoothies
Food is very important for everyone’s health, especially athletes. For this reason, finding nutritious and delicious smoothies is essential to recover the energy used during workouts.
After exercise, the body needs to replace the minerals and nutrients that are spent. In addition, athletes have to be careful to maintain or increase their muscle mass and maintain an adequate weight.
For everyone, a slender figure and a healthy body is the goal.
While it’s a pleasure to perform an exercise routine every day, sometimes it also becomes a great sacrifice. That’s why these nutritious and delicious smoothies can be helpful for your body.
7 nutritious and delicious smoothies
These recipes are advisable for all athletes. They’re a great way to give yourself a tasty treat and at the same time recover strength and energy.
1. Red smoothie with antioxidants
This shake collaborates with the digestive system and is rich in antioxidants. The characteristic red color is the product of the ingredients that we discuss below.
- 1 nectarine
- ½ peach
- 1 plum with skin
- The juice of 1 lemon (5 mL)
- ½ cup of cold tea (125 mL)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (42 g)
- First, remove the pieces of pulp from the fruit and cut them into cubes.
- Then, place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Mix and refrigerate for a while (minimum 10 minutes).
- Decorate to taste, serve and enjoy.
2. Special vitamin C shake
For an athlete, it is essential not to contract any illness. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system.
- 1 cup of orange juice (250 mL)
- A handful of cilantro (20 g)
- 3 medium kiwis (300 g)
- 1 cup of celery (150 g)
- 1 cup of cabbage (150 g)
- 4 nuts (5 g)
- First, chop the cabbage, nuts and celery.
- Then, cut the rest of the ingredients into slices.
- After, blend until the ice mixes completely.
The nuts will add healthy fats that aid exercise.
3. Peanut butter
Peanut butter provides proteins and fiber. However, it’s high in calories, so you should drink it in moderation.
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (8 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (10 grams)
- A cup of water (250 mL)
- 15 peanuts (50 g)
- Place all the ingredients together in the blender.
- Process and serve.
4. Oatmeal energy shake
Oatmeal is very useful to regenerate muscle mass and renew energy. Athletes and all people benefit from this shake, after physical wear and tear.
- ½ cup of almond milk (100 cc)
- ½ cup of oatmeal water (100 cc)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (10 g)
- ½ cup of oatmeal (100 g)
- Blend all the ingredients and take advantage of the properties of this low-sugar cereal.
5. Banana and cinnamon smoothie
This is a well-known and popular drink that prevents cramps. Plus, it also aids rehydration after exercising.
- 1 large ripe banana
- ½ tablespoon of cinnamon (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar (50 g)
- 1 cup of soy milk (250 mL)
- Put all the ingredients in the machine and mix until the ice is blended.
- Serve and enjoy after an exercise routine.
6. Protein shake pre-exercise
Preparing a smoothie before performing an activity that involves physical exertion is also recommended. This natural preparation provides minerals and carbohydrates that improve your physical resistance.
- 1 cup of liquid skimmed yogurt (200 mL)
- 2 strawberries
- 1 nut
- First, blend all the ingredients for three minutes to achieve a smooth mixture, without lumps.
- Serve, decorate to taste and enjoy.
We recommend reading: How to Make Homemade Yogurt and All its Benefits
7. Meringue milk, an ideal option for children
Children are the future. The great athletes of tomorrow are the little ones of today. That’s why it’s good to instill the habit of healthy eating in children.
Here, we propose an alternative nutritious and delicious smoothie suitable for children. Write down the following ingredients:
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Lemon rind
- 3 egg whites
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- First, place the milk, lemon peel and sugar on moderate heat.
- Then, turn off the heat once it starts to boil and let the drink cool in the refrigerator.
- While cooling, make a meringue with the egg whites and sugar.
- Once the meringue is done, mix with the cold preparation.
- Serve and sprinkle a touch of ground cinnamon.
This nutritious and delicious smoothie can accompany all your children’s sports practices.
All of these smoothies are also ideal for breakfasts or snacks, as they provide everything an athlete needs.It might interest you...