7 Natural Treatments for Circulation Problems
You can't have good health if your blood doesn't reach all the organs, systems and cells of your body.
Thanks to blood flow, nutrients, minerals and oxygen reach all parts of the body. Healthy circulation promotes cell growth and good organ function. Learn about natural treatments for circulation problems in this article.
Bad circulation can affect the health of your organs, whether it be your brain, heart, liver, kidneys, or extremities. When your blood vessels lose elasticity, it causes poor circulation.
The main factors that can cause poor circulation are:
- High cholesterol levels
- Little fiber in the diet
- Eating excess salt
- Not drinking enough water
- And, finally, living a sedentary lifestyle
Symptoms of poor circulation
Your body sends you many a warning sign before poor circulation actually occurs. Although they could look like other diagnoses, it’s important to pay attention to these symptoms:
- Cold hands and feet
- Swollen legs
- Night cramps
- Tingling sensations in certain parts of the body
- Hair loss
- Dry skin
- And, finally, irregular heartbeats
Also take a look at: 3 Sugar Exfoliant Recipes to Fight Dry Skin
Natural treatments for circulation problems
Following a healthy diet and regular exercise positively affect your circulation. Even so, they aren’t the only allies. Natural medicine also holds important benefits.
1. Turmeric supplements
The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric make it a fantastic condiment to help blood circulation. This slows the process of coagulate formation and the accumulation of plaque in the arteries.
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- A cup of milk
- Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric and then a pinch of honey to a cup of warm milk.
- Drink it once or twice per day.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of molasses
- 1 cup of water
- Add the cayenne powder, the apple cider vinegar, and then the molasses in a cup of water.
- Then mix it well and drink it twice a day, every day.
3. Hot coconut oil
Coconut oil is very beneficial for improving blood circulation. This is due to its healthy fats and medium chain triglycerides (MCT) that reduce inflammation in the arteries.
- Consume two or three tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil every day
- You can also use hot coconut oil to massage your hands and legs
4. Green tea infusion
Green tea is rich in antioxidants that relax arteries and improve your circulation. It’s associated with an increase in nitric oxide levels, and is considered to be a potent vasodilator that increases blood flow.
- 1 tablespoon of loose green tea (if not possible, a tea bag)
- 1 cup of water
- Honey (to taste)
- Firstly, add the tablespoon of green tea to a cup of hot water and let it infuse for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, strain the tea and add honey.
- Drink it 2-3 times per day.
5. A piece of chocolate per day
This is one of the most surprising natural treatments for circulation. Dark chocolate helps with blood flow in your legs since it dilates the arteries. Its cacao is what aids in increased blood flow.
- Eat one small piece of dark chocolate every day to optimize circulation.
- Be sure to choose dark chocolate with a minimum of 70% cacao.
6. Ginger tea
Ginger has a warming effect on the body that results in good blood circulation. Consequently, regular consumption of ginger helps prevent blood clots and reduces the risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 2 cups of water
- Honey (to taste)
- Firstly, add the ginger and the water to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Then let it boil for 10 minutes and strain out the ginger.
- Finally, add honey and drink 2-3 times per day. You can also chew on slices of raw ginger.
We recommend that you read: Discover the 5 Benefits of Ginger Water
7. A clove of garlic a day
Garlic has anti-thrombotic (blood thinning) properties that help prevent blood clots and improve blood flow. This is due to the allicin it contains, as well as its sulfurous components.
- Garlic is efficient in preventing plaque buildup in the arteries and reducing the risk of atherosclerosis
- It promotes blood circulation, reduces blood pressure, and prevents platelet adhesion in the blood
In addition to applying some of these natural treatments for circulation, adopting an exercise plan and balanced diet will supplement your results.