7 Natural Remedies for Healthier Hair
Our hair can be a very attractive feature, especially when it looks and smells good. But our hair can sometimes become dry and brittle, and lose its fresh scent.
There are a lot of factors that can cause hair to become frizzy, brittle, or dry, including: dandruff, heat or chemical damage, poor hygiene, or the presence of fungi or infection. The good news is that there are natural remedies that can help make your hair healthier and give it new life. Read on to learn what they are!
Natural remedies for healthier hair
Tomato naturally balances pH, cleanses and leaves hair with a pleasant aroma. The amount of juice needed depends on how much hair you have. The tomato juice needs to be all natural, since most juices found in supermarkets contain preservatives that can damage your hair.
- Gently massage the juice into the scalp and work from the roots to the tips.
- Let it work for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a gentle shampoo.
Use this treatment twice a week; it will leave your hair silky smooth and shiny.
Vodka isn’t just for cocktails and drinking with friends, it’s also great for promoting growth and cleansing to leave hair smelling clean and fresh. You’ll need just two things:
- 1 tablespoon vodka
- 1 cup water
- Mix the vodka with the water and apply to hair.
- Wait 10 minutes and wash your hair.
- Repeat once a week.
If you have problems with hair loss, dandruff, or grease, unpleasant smelling hair, then aloe vera is the solution for you. You’ll only need to use it once a week to enjoy the healthy hair you’ve always wanted.
- ¼ cup natural aloe vera
- Apply the aloe vera to your hair.
- Let work for 15 minutes.
- Wash with shampoo and warm water.
Baking soda is one of the cheapest and simplest natural remedies for healthier hair, and it has a million other uses. When used for your hair, it can eliminate unpleasant odors and excess oil.
- 3 parts water
- 1 part baking soda
You might like:
Note: The amounts needed will depend on how much hair you have. Start with a little and add more if necessary.
- Mix the ingredients to make a paste.
- Wet your hair and use a towel to remove excess water to leave hair damp.
- Apply the mixture and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Use this remedy once a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar restores the natural pH of your hair, fights frizz and leaves hair shining. It’s perfect for removing unpleasant odors.
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Mix the ingredients.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the hair and let it work for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair normally.
Lemon juice offers some incredible benefits for the body and hair. In addition to cleaning, it naturally fights dandruff and infections, leaving hair silky and with a fresh smell.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup water
- Mix the ingredients and apply to hair.
- Let the mixture work for 2 minutes.
- Wash with shampoo.
This remedy is recommended for once a week use. Using lemon juice too often can discolor your hair. If you’d like to lighten your hair, use this remedy a couple times a week.
Honey and Cinnamon
Maybe we’re biased, but this is probably the best-smelling of the natural remedies for healthier hair. Cinnamon and honey both possess antifungal and antibacterial properties, making them a great help if you want to get cleaner hair.
There are two ways to use this remedy. The first is to eat a mixture of the two daily. The cinnamon should be the freshest you can get, and you can mix it with a teaspoon of honey.
The second and more ideal way to use these two natural products is:
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix the ground cinnamon with the cup of boiling water.
- Let the mixture sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the honey and stir.
- Apply the mixture to your hair, making sure you cover it completely.
- Wait 45 minutes and wash with warm water and shampoo.
Note: This mask can lighten your hair, so you shouldn’t use it excessively.
A Few Extra Tips
These natural remedies are incredible, and can help you get healthier hair if you’re consistent with them. But there are some aspects of basic care that you shouldn’t skip if you want beautiful, great smelling hair. Here they are:
- Wash your hair regularly.
- Wash your pillowcase, the towel you use to dry your hair and the brush you use often.
- Avoid eating a lot of garlic and onions.
- Follow a balanced diet.
- Avoid using conditioner on the roots.
- Use a shampoo that contains salicylic acid and sulphide.
- Avoid brushing your hair excessively when you have dandruff to keep it from spreading to other areas of the scalp.
As you can see, keeping your hair beautiful isn’t as complicated as it might seem. Give these natural remedies a try and get your hair looking healthier!