7 Ketogenic Diet-friendly Foods to Lose Weight
Egg is one ketogenic food that you should include in your diet. It helps to relive the symptoms of metabolic syndrome, and the yolk is rich in vitamins and minerals.
The ketogenic diet (or keto diet) makes it faster to lose weight and improves certain health conditions such as fatigue, risk factors associated with metabolic syndrome, or diabetes.
You don’t need to make any extreme changes to your diet. You just need to keep balanced nutrition.
7 Ketogenic Diet-friendly Foods to Lose Weight
Unprocessed meats are low in carbohydrates and are one of the basic components in a ketogenic diet.
- Fresh meat contains vitamin B, minerals such as potassium and zinc, creatine, taurine, and carnosine.
- Furthermore, meat is an excellent source of selenium, which has excellent anti-oxidant power. Moreover, it’s linked to a reduction in inflammatory illnesses.
Bear in mind that processed meats, such as sausages or meatballs, often contain added carbohydrates.
The second ketogenic food to lose weight is eggs. One large egg contains less than 1 gram of carbohydrates and less than 6 grams of protein, which makes it a healthy product and a perfect option for a ketogenic diet.
- Despite its bad reputation, eating the yolk can be really good for you, since it contains vitamins A, B9, B12, D, E, and K, as well as essential minerals such as iron.
- Furthermore, eating eggs can relieve the symptoms of metabolic syndrome by improving insulin resistance.
Olives are another ketogenic food to lose weight faster. They only contain 0.2 grams of carbohydrates in each one. Furthermore, the carbohydrates in olives are in the form of fiber.
Olives are a good source of vitamin E, iron, copper, and calcium. They’re also rich in anti-oxidants (including oleuropein, hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, oleic acid, and quercetin), which can help reduce oxidative damage to the body and fight bacterial infections.
Further, olives also help to regulate cholesterol and reduce blood pressure.
We also recommend:
A clove of garlic contains just 0.99 grams of carbohydrates. Garlic and other members of the Allium family contain allicin. This is a plant-based compound that has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties, which helps protect against cerebral damage and illnesses.
Garlic is also considered an excellent source of vitamin B6, as well as manganese, selenium, and vitamin C.
Whenever you can, add a little garlic to your dishes. It adds good flavor without having to use more exotic spices.
You might also like:
5. Dark Chocolate
Since a ketogenic diet requires a low carbohydrate intake, it’s important to make sure that you’re getting enough fiber. A 100-gram portion of dark chocolate, which contains between 70% and 85% cocoa, can provide 11 grams of fiber.
- The anti-oxidants and fiber in dark chocolate can help with digestion.
- Furthermore, cocoa contains flavonoids that dilate the blood vessels and improve blood flood, reducing arterial pressure and increasing the good cholesterol.
- Dark chocolate is also rich in manganese, copper, iron, and magnesium.
When buying chocolate, or any cocoa produce, you should pay attention to the information on the packaging. Choose chocolate that doesn’t contain added sugars and contains as few carbohydrates as possible.
Almonds are another ketogenic food, suitable to lose weight. In fact, 100 grams of almonds contains just 7 grams of carbohydrates. Even better, they’re really filling. Eat a small portion of nuts and you’ll fight your appetite in the middle of the morning.
- Almonds also provide vitamin E, copper, and riboflavin, which all help in the conversion of energy.
- Eating almonds also provide magnesium and potassium, two important electrolytes which need to be replaced in a ketogenic diet.
Although almonds are brilliant for this diet, it’s important to limit the amount you eat to some 20 grams per day. Otherwise, you might raise your glucose levels too much.
Avocados contain just 2 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams. They’re rich in healthy fats and are full of nutrients, which makes them one of the best ketogenic foods.
- Avocados contain fiber, copper, folic acid, and potassium. They also contain important vitamins, such as vitamins B, C, E, and K.
- If you don’t like avocados, you could try them in the form of oil. Although you won’t get the same amount of vitamins and minerals. Avocado oil contains mainly monounsaturated fats.
- This fatty unsaturated acid helps to improve levels of cholesterol and can be used for cooking.
You can use this list of ketogenic foods as a guide to help you create your own diet plan, suited to your tastes and needs.
Remember to include a large amount of water in your ketogenic diet.