Do you suffer from thyroid problems? If so, you should definitely pay attention to the following seven recipes for iodine packed beverages.
Iodine is one of the body’s essential minerals because it’s uniquely responsible for regulating the production of thyroid hormone. This hormone plays a central role in the development of your body during the growing phases.
Getting enough iodine is also critical for people who have hypothyroidism. The iodine packed beverages in today’s article are excellent options and are very easy to make.
While providing you with the right amount of iodine they also help you stay hydrated. Read on to learn how to make these delicious, iodine packed beverages to keep your thyroid working properly.
1. Strawberry juice
One of the most delicious ways to get more iodine in your diet is to consume strawberry juice. Just one cup of strawberries contains approximately 13 mg of iodine. This fruit has the highest content of iodine than any other.
Because they’re so sweet, strawberries are a great option for making desserts. In this case we want to recommend a strawberry smoothie that you can enjoy with breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
See also: Strawberries rejuvenate your skin
- 1/2 cup of strawberries (85 g)
- 1 cup of organic milk (250 ml)
- 1 ice cube
- Slice the strawberries into small pieces.
- Process all ingredients in a blender until you achieve a smooth consistency.
As you’ll see, this beverage is one of the richest in iodine and it’s easy to make. We recommend that you avoid adding sugar to keep it as natural as possible.
2. Cow’s milkPasteurized cow’s milk not only helps you maintain healthy bones and teeth.
It also helps you obtain the required amounts of iodine you need to keep your thyroid functioning as it should.
One cup of cow’s milk can contain up to 55 mg of iodine. It doesn’t matter if you choose whole or low fat milk, either. This way there’s no problem if you want to follow a low-fat diet.
3. Cranberry juice
Cranberries, similar to strawberries are another type of berry that contains a lot of iodine. It’s a great idea to consume them if you suffer from hypothyroidism or just want your thyroid to function more optimally.
In just 150 ml of cranberry juice you may find nearly 400 mg of iodine.
This beverage not only increases your iodine levels, it also helps reduce pain.
- 1 cup of fresh spinach (30 g)
- 1 cup of coconut milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup of cranberry juice (250 ml)
- 1 ice cube
- Process all ingredients in your blender until you get a homogeneous mixture and consume immediately.
Drinking kefir is a great way to get your daily required amount of iodine. You’ll get even more if you combine kefir with strawberries or blueberries.
One cup of kefir can contain around 90 mg of iodine. This means it’s a great option to always have on hand in your fridge.
- 1 liter of kefir
- 2 cups of organic strawberries or blueberries (340 g)
- Add all ingredients except for one cup of the berries to your blender.
- Chop the reserved berries and set aside.
- Process thoroughly until you get a homogeneous liquid and store it in a glass jar or plastic container with a lid. Stir in the additional cup of chopped berries.
5. Blueberry juiceBlueberries are delicious, and like strawberries they contain both nutritional value and a high mineral content. In the event that you don’t like strawberries or cranberries, consider blueberry juice instead.
One cup of blueberry juice could contain around 20 mg of iodine.
6. Mango juice
Mango juice isn’t one of the first beverages you might think of when it comes to iodine content. But thanks to its rich stores of vitamin E it’s great for stimulating thyroid function.
One cup of mango provides about 12% of the vitamin E you need every day.
We recommend you read: Mango: an anti-aging fruit
- 1 cup of mango, chopped (165 g)
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 ice cube
- Combine all ingredients in your blender and process until smooth. Drink immediately.
This is a great option for hydration after exercise or on a hot summer day.
7. Creamy green smoothieLong, hard days at work usually affect your diet, which can in turn be harmful to your thyroid. That’s why we recommend the following beverage that’s delicious in addition to being rich in iodine.
All of the ingredients below have high antioxidant content to eliminate toxins and give you energy. Do you even need another reason to give it a shot?
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped seaweed (20 g)
- 1 green apple, chopped
- 1/2 of a medium sized avocado
- 1 cup of coconut water (250 ml)
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly and consume immediately.
This beverage defies the common conception that all green smoothies must contain spinach. Try it and see how delicious and healthy it is.
Iodine packed beverages have countless benefits
All of these beverages are natural, easy to prepare, delicious, and of course – rich in iodine. They can give your thyroid a boost and alleviate any discomfort from imbalances that you were already experiencing.
The usual medical treatments for hypothyroidism can cause unpleasant side effects. Thanks to these beverage options you can avoid a lot of unnecessary trouble the natural way.