7 Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections are usually caused by gastrointestinal bacteria. In this article, we'll show you some remedies for urinary tract infections.
Have you heard about the best remedies for urinary tract infections?
A urinary infection can occur as a result of bacteria, from waiting too long to empty the bladder, from sexual relations, or during pregnancy or menopause, among other things. The most common symptoms include the frequent need to urinate, small amounts of urine, a burning sensation when urinating, change in color of the urine, abdominal pain, fever, nausea and vomiting.
It’s very important to act early at the first sign of a urinary tract infection in order to prevent more serious damage to the kidneys. Although it’s best to consult with your doctor, there are also some homemade treatments that can help you to fight this problem, as well.
Natural Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a rich source of enzymes, potassium and other minerals that can help to inhibit the growth of bacteria in the urinary tract to stop an infection. To treat an infection of this type, you can use apple cider vinegar as an alternative to antibiotics.
- Put two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass and drink it. You can also add a little lemon juice and honey for better results.
- You should drink this twice a day.
- Another option is to put apple cider vinegar in your bath water and bathe in it.
Cranberry juice has antibiotic properties that help to prevent the bacteria E. coli from attaching to the urinary tract and causing infections. It’s preferable to drink cranberry juice in its natural state, with no added sugar or additives.
- Drink half a glass of cranberry juice each day to prevent urinary tract infections.
- If you have a urinary tract infection, you should drink three to four glasses of cranberry juice each day.
CAUTION: You should not drink cranberry juice if you have a history of kidney stones.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has a powerful antibiotic effect that can remove the bacteria that cause bladder infections and urinary infections. It’s definitely one of the best natural remedies for urinary tract infections.
- Mix 10 drops of tea tree oil in your bath water.
- Another option is to prepare a mixture of tea tree oil with equal parts of sandalwood oil and juniper oil. You should apply this oil mixture to the abdominal region – the area near the bladder. This remedy is ideal to alleviate the pain which is normally produced by the infection.
- Another option is to put two drops of tea tree oil in your underwear, which will act with the heat to fight an infection.
Horsetail tea has a powerful diuretic effect that can help prevent urinary infections.
- At the first signs of an infection, you should drink two or three glasses of horsetail tea each day.
- However, it’s not recommended to drink it for long periods of time.
Due to its high content of antioxidants, pomegranate juice can help to fight the bacteria that adheres to the wall of the bladder. It contains an significant amount of vitamin C, which strengthens your immune system and helps to fight urinary tract infections.
- Drink two or three glasses of pomegranate juice each day to fight the infection.
Garlic has antibiotic and antibacterial properties that can help to fight and prevent the growth of the bacteria responsible for urinary tract infections.
- Place two cloves of crushed garlic in a cup of hot water.
- Let it steep for five minutes.
- Then, strain and drink.
- Drink at least three cups each day to fight the infection.
- Another option is to eat raw garlic every day.
Watermelon juice, among the best remedies for urinary tract infections
In addition to being refreshing and purifying, watermelon juice is very good at cleansing the urinary tract and removing the bacteria which can cause infections.
- You can extract the juice from a watermelon with an extractor or in a blender.
- If you prefer, you can simply eat watermelon pieces.