7 Herbal Treatments for Fibromyalgia Relief
Are you looking for fibromyalgia relief?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disease that’s characterized by the presence of generalized pain, fatigue, and stiffness in the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and joints. There may also be extreme sensitivity to physical, visual, or auditory stimuli.
The causes of this condition have yet to be defined. However, the symptoms typically become worse whenever you’re exposed to physical or emotional stress. This disease is also more common in women.
Today, we want to share some herbal treatments with you that can help calm and control the pain and get fibromyalgia relief.
Get Fibromyalgia Relief with These Natural Remedies
Thyme is rich in flavonoids and therefore has excellent antioxidant benefits that will slow the deterioration of the tendons, ligaments, and joints. It contains high concentrations of iron, calcium, and potassium that help regulate your blood pressure.
Thyme also improves the generation of red blood cells, which help all of your bodily organs function better.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh or dried thyme (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- First, heat the water to a boil and then add the thyme.
- Let this steep for eight minutes and then strain off the liquid.
- Drink this tea every day on an empty stomach, sweetened with honey.
2-Turmeric and milk
Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric, this blend will ease muscle tension and joint stiffness. It also serves to eliminate bacteria in the body and stimulate the function of your immune system, which aids in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Unlike traditional antibiotics, this mixture won’t harm your intestinal flora. The antioxidant properties found in curcumin, the active compound in turmeric, also improve the regeneration of your ligaments.
- 1 cup of milk (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of grated turmeric (15 g)
- First, bring the milk to a light boil, remove from heat, and add the turmeric.
- Stir well, let steep, and consume this mixture twice a day.
Note: You can also add turmeric to salad dressings to make it part of your daily diet and get fibromyalgia relief.
3-Calendula and rubbing alcohol compresses
The analgesic effects of this unique mixture will also help provide fibromyalgia relief.
- 4 tablespoons of calendula flowers (60 g)
- ¾ cup of rubbing alcohol (150 ml)
- First, add the calendula flowers to the rubbing alcohol.
- Leave this mixture for 24 hours to extract the herbal benefits from the calendula.
- Then, soak a compress with this mixture and apply it to the areas where you feel pain.
4-Lavender and rosemary bath for fibromyalgia relief
The combined fragrances of lavender and rosemary will help you control stress and anxiety, which are known causes of fibromyalgia symptoms.
- 4 tablespoons of lavender (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary (30 g)
- Water (as needed)
- First, fill your bathtub with warm water and add the lavender and rosemary. Make sure to spread the herbs all through the bath water.
- Soak in the tub for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
Moringa is an herb with a high calcium content, which slows the process of bone density loss. The high potassium content also improves your brain function and stimulates the central nervous system. Moringa is also rich in flavonoids, such as quercetin, which is ideal for reducing liver inflammation.
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- 2 tablespoons of moringa (30 g)
- First, heat the water to a boil, add the moringa, and let steep for five to 10 minutes.
- Then, strain off the liquid.
- Drink three cups a day during the first week. Then, reduce this to two cups a day for the following three weeks.
- After the month-long treatment, rest for a week before starting another month.
This herbal tea is rich in amino acids, such as L-theanine, which fight the fatigue and tiredness that are characteristic of fibromyalgia. L-theanine relaxes the mind, boosts your concentration, and promotes feelings of well being.
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 green tea bag
- Bring the cup of water to a boil and add the green tea. Allow it to steep.
- It’s important that you avoid using the varieties of flavored green tea that are on the market, as they contain chemical additives that reduce the benefits of this tea.
- Drink three cups of green tea a day to obtain the desired effects.
7-Spinach and lettuce salad
When you eat salads with plenty of spinach and lettuce, it can increase your body’s magnesium stores. This mineral helps fight pain and inflammation.
It won’t take long before you notice fibromyalgia relief.It might interest you...