Rice Water: 7 Health and Beauty Uses
It has tons of benefits for your health. It's loaded with nutrients that make it an effective remedy for stomach problems like gastroenteritis and constipation.
Rice is one of the most consumed foods around the world due to both its flavor as well as its nutrition. It was first cultivated in Asia, where it’s used today as an alternative beauty treatment. You can use use the grains to make a fermented rice water that makes a great facial toner, conditioner for your hair, or healthy drink.
Rice water contains significant amounts of antioxidants, minerals, vitamin E and other active compounds that make it an excellent ally for your health.
People use it as a remedy all over the world because it’s highly effective and costs much less than the conventional products it replaces.
Today, we’d like to show you how you can make this all-natural remedy at home. We’ll also tell you about the all the ways you can take advantage of its benefits.
Don’t miss out!
How do you make rice water?Some people assume it’s the liquid left over after you soak rice, before cooking it.
While this may work, the best way to make rice water is by boiling the rice in huge pot of water.
- ½ cup white rice
- 4 cups of water
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan.
- Once the water has come to a boil, add the rice and let it boil on low for 20 minutes.
- Remove it from the heat and strain it through a colander, keeping the liquid in a glass container.
- Store it in the refrigerator and use it over the course of a few days.
What are some of the uses and benefits of rice water?
The rice releases high concentrations of B vitamins, folic acid, and antioxidants into the water when it’s boiling.
So, it’s no surprise that it has so many health and beauty applications.
1. Natural conditioner
For strong, shiny, healthy hair, use this liquid in place of conventional conditioners.
- Wet your hair with plenty of rice water and let it work for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- You can use this remedy up to three times a week.
2. Skin toner
The compounds in rice water reduce the size of pores, remove dead skin cells, and make UV-blocking products more effective.
These properties are why it stands out as one of the best substitutes for commercial skin toners.
- Wet a cotton ball with the rice water, apply to a clean face and let dry.
- Go to bed with it still on your skin so that it can work while you sleep.
- Apply it every day.
3. Acne treatment
The anti-inflammatory and astringent properties of this product reduce and prevent pimples.
The difference between this and similar products is that it doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, and it leaves your skin feeling soft.
- Apply directly to blackheads and pimples with a cotton ball.
- Use twice a day, every day.
4. Anti-diarrheal remedy
The minerals in rice make it a good choice for treating the symptoms of diarrhea.
- Add a pinch of salt to a glass of rice water and drink twice daily.
- Take it until the diarrhea goes away.
5. Natural energizer
Drinking rice water provides the body with 8 essential amino acids that regenerate your muscles.
It also contains a small amount of carbohydrates, which are a source of energy for playing sports.
- Drink a glass of rice water half an hour before training.
6. Eczema treatment
The starch in rice helps treat eczema. Use it to relieve itching, irritation, and dryness.
- Rub some rice water on the affected areas two to three times each day.
Read more: How to Eliminate Eczema Naturally
If you drink one or two glasses of rice water a day, it will stimulate your intestines and help get rid of constipation.
- Drink fresh or add to your fruit smoothies.
As you can see, rice water has tons of benefits. Go ahead and make some today and give your body all the nutrients contained in this amazing natural remedy.