7 Foods that Increase Leptin Sensitivity
Leptin can help you lose weight, as long as you exercise and eat a balanced diet along with increasing your leptin sensitivity.
Leptin is a hormone produced by fat cells. They tell the brain if there’s a lack or excess amount of body fat. It enters the bloodstream when the amount of stored fat increases, indicating the body has enough fat to stop being hungry. A study has shown the link between obesity and leptin levels. Increasing leptin sensitivity helps weight loss. It’s a healthy way to slim down without using chemical products and going through risky invasive surgeries.
The foods that enhance leptin sensitivity reduce the appetite and can even suppress it. Leptin can help you lose weight as long as you exercise and maintain a balanced diet.
Foods that increase leptin sensitivity
Foods themselves doesn’t contain leptin, but there are some that naturally stimulate leptin sensitivity, activate it, and boost your metabolism. All of this can help weight loss.
Grapefruit is a citrus fruit that burns fat and keeps your metabolism active. Furthermore, it’s high in Vitamin C. It helps digest foods quickly and efficiently. Thus, more calories are being burned and less fat is stored.
2. Whole grains
Whole grains contain nutrients and complex carbohydrates that boost the metabolism and stabilize insulin levels. They include brown rice, oatmeal, and flax-seed. Additionally, whole grains decrease cholesterol levels.
Broccoli is high in Vitamin C and Calcium. These burn calories and activate the metabolism. It’s also packed with antioxidants.
Recommended reading: 6 Benefits that Broccoli has for Your Health
Fish oil, salmon, sardines, and tuna all contain omega 3 fatty acids, which are great for reducing leptin levels in the body. High leptin levels have been linked to excess weight and obesity.
Almonds are high in Vitamin E, fiber, nutrients, and healthy monounsaturated fats that help balance the metabolism.
Fruit and vegetables, especially spinach, are high in natural fiber. They increase leptin levels and keep you feeling full.
Carrots are packed with carotene and antioxidants that increase the brain’s sensitivity to leptin. The human body can’t ingest leptin or absorb it through the digestive tract. It must produce it.
How do these foods impact your body?
The aforementioned foods work together to decrease the sensitivity of leptin levels. Thus, enabling you to lose weight quickly. They also:
- Control your appetite.
- Help nourish yourself properly and lose weight if needed.
- Reduce fatigue.
- Help lower bad cholesterol.
Recommendations for stimulating leptin
Leptin helps lower your appetite when it’s released by fat cells. Consider the following regarding this hormone and managing your weight:
- Avoid cravings during the day; the more fat foods have, the more leptin gets produced.
- Lack of sleep increases leptin levels. It’s important to get an necessary amount of sleep and rest.
- People with sleeping disorders tend to have weight issues.
- It’s recommend to sleep around 6 to 8 hours daily and at the same time ever day.
- Exercise daily to manage stress levels.
- Thirty minutes of exercise a day helps the body build new muscle. In turn, it triggers the body to burn stored fat.
- It also activates hormones like oxytocin, which is related to pleasure and it is responsible for controlling cravings. In short, it’s important for weight loss.
- Lower your carbohydrate and sugar intake.
- Schedule your eating habits. Eating small portions leads to weight loss and activates leptin, which in tun regulates your appetite.