7 Exercises to Get a Trimmer Waist in No Time
Trimming our waist down isn't an easy job. That's why we decided to share 7 exercises that may help you get a trimmer waist. However, if we don't have an adequate diet then we won't get the desired results.
Why do we get love handles?
The two main factors that condition body fat build up are dieting and exercising. It has been demonstrated that a good exercise routine and a healthy diet can help to remove excess kilos, as shown by this study carried out by the Universidad de la Frontera, in Chile.
However, there are other reasons that also cause those infamous and hated love handles.
These might include organ functions, lack of sleep (as shown by this study from the Universidad Nacional Autonoma in Mexico), or hormonal problems, as shown by this study from the American Thyroid Association. The following article explains 7 great exercises that may help you trim down your waist in no time.
7 exercises for a trimmer waist
Planks are becoming more and more popular. Although they focus on the abs, they also work out all your body’s muscles. The type of training that focuses on this area is called “core”, as stated in this study conducted by the University Miguel Hernández (Elche, Spain).
- The plank starts from the ground, facing down, with the elbows and toes supporting the body’s weight.
- The entire body should be positioned straight and aligned to do the exercise properly.
- You should maintain this position for a few seconds and repeat it several times in your sets. Thus, you should increase your sets and duration over time.
Visit this article: The Plank: A Great Full-Body Abdominal Exercise
2. Mountain climbers
From the plank position, but with your arms stretched out, you can boost your metabolism and increase fat loss around your waist with one simple exercise.
- Move as if you’re trying to run or climb while staying in the same position.
- To do so, bring your knees to your elbows in one continuous motion.
- This exercise is great because it combines toning and cardiovascular exercises.
3. Trunk twists
If you want a slim waist, you need to keep the sides of your torso as flexible as possible and put them in constant movement.
- To do this, you must stretch out your entire torso as if you were grabbing something. According to this study carried out by the University of Malaga, Spain, if done well they can be effective in avoiding contractions.
- You can do this exercise by sitting down in a chair and stretching out your arms towards the floor as if you were grabbing something.
- Repeat these stretches on both sides throughout the day whenever possible.
4. Horizontal twists for a trimmer waist
You can do horizontal twists to keep the waist in motion. Twist yourself as if you were turning backward without moving your hips.
You can do this exercise with your hands on your waist or by using an elastic band. Also, in some gyms, there are specific machines made for this exercise.
5. Knees to elbows
Standing up with your hands behind your head and having your legs slightly separated, lift one knee up towards the opposite elbow. Repeat the exercise, alternating both sides.
You can vary this exercise by lying down and looking towards the ceiling. If you do the exercise laying down, you work out your abs even more.
To burn off the most stubborn fatty areas, you should do some kind of cardiovascular exercise on a weekly basis. Abs exercises aren’t enough to reduce fat. They rather help fight against flabbiness.
- In order to start burning fat, you can do a simple yet exhausting exercise such as jumping. You can jump rope, jump on a trampoline, or just jump. It also helps socialization, as shown by this study from the University of Burgos, Spain.
- However, you should always jump with good posture, keeping your back straight and your knees bent.
- Always bounce back gently, as if you were landing on something soft. You should always do this landing on your tiptoes, trying to make as little noise as possible.
Also read: 8 Body Toning Exercises at Home
7. Belly dancing
Lastly, we can’t forget mentioning a dance that’s focused on moving the waist.
Belly dancing is a traditional Middle Eastern dance known for a wide range of flexibility in different areas of the body. The main part is the pelvis, which controls the movements of the waist and hips, etc.
Belly dancing is a popular form of exercise that includes a combination of muscle toning and cardiovascular exercise.
It may help you lose weight, improve flexibility, strengthen your abs, and especially trim down your waist.
Never forget that no matter how much exercise you do, if it isn’t accompanied by a proper diet, you won’t notice the results. Also, never forget to always keep yourself well-hydrated.