7 Delicious Foods to Fight Morning Fatigue
There are many factors that can influence feeling morning fatigue. It often happens when you didn’t get enough rest the night before or because you worked too hard during the day.
It’s also likely to be caused by a lack of certain essential nutrients, especially if you don’t normally have a balanced and healthy diet.
Having a healthy diet is what gives you energy and high performance during the day, so when you’re missing an important nutrient it’s normal to experience some kind of physical or mental fatigue.
Many people try to fight it with energy drinks and commercial products that only disguise the problem on a short-term basis. Even thought energy drinks seem to give you a boost of energy, it’s a better idea to replace them with natural foods that are good for you.
Are you ready to add them to your diet? Continue reading to find out what these seven options are!
1-OatmealOats are known as the “most complete cereal” thanks to their nutritional quality. This is one of the foods that should never be missing in your diet because it’s an important energy source. It contains large quantities of dietary fiber, which is a nutrient that improves digestion and regulates your appetite.
- Vitamins and minerals improve your circulation, metabolism and cognitive function.
- Oatmeal is also an ideal food for the heart due to its effects on triglycerides and cholesterol.
Read this article too: teas that fight digestion problems
People who aren’t lactose intolerant can benefit from milk because it prevents you from feeling tired during morning hours.
- This beverage contains essential amino acids and vitamins that increase your feelings of energy once it’s absorbed by the body.
- One of the amino acids in milk, tryptophan, stimulates the secretion of serotonin by the brain, which is a neurotransmitter related to well-being.
3-NutsAlthough it’s best to eat them in moderation, nuts are energy packed foods that can stop you from feeling hunger and morning fatigue.
- Their high concentration of B vitamins and fatty acids benefits the health of the nervous system, which improves your concentration and mental health.
- Nuts also contain dietary fiber and antioxidants that prevent muscle aches, headaches, and anxiety.
Lentils are one of the healthiest legumes on the market. They are versatile, easy to prepare, and contain beneficial nutrients for your physical and mental health.
- High iron content and high quality protein help you avoid any of the side effects of anemia.
- Lentils improve your circulation and help deliver the right amounts of oxygen to your cells.
- These carbohydrates is used as “fuel” for cells, which in turn elevates your energy levels.
5-ChocolateHow about some chocolate to feel more active during the morning? Although it’s not a good idea to eat too much of it, between 20 and 30 grams of dark chocolate can improve your performance throughout the day.
- Chocolate contains fat and carbohydrates that are a source of energy for your cells.
- It stimulates the nervous system, improves your heart’s health, and protects your brain against oxidative stress.
There are many kinds of seeds that can help fight the effects of morning fatigue. They’re low in calories and are filled with nutrients that will take care of your health.
- Chia and flaxseed, for example, pack omega 3 fatty acids that benefit your cardiovascular and cognitive health.
- Amino acids and minerals also improve circulation and prevent low mood swings.
- Sunflower, pumpkin, and sesame seeds are also good options.
Check out this article too: 6 beneficial seeds you shouldn’t miss in your diet
7-BananasFor decades, bananas were the subject of some questionable beliefs. Many people stopped eating them because they worried about gaining weight.
Today those myths have been debunked and it’s known that bananas, in addition to being delicious, are filled with benefits for your weight, body, and emotional health.
- Carbohydrates and natural sugars increase your energy levels and improve performance.
- They can balance your nervous system activity and improve your moods.
- Bananas also calm hunger cravings and improve digestion.
Are you feeling tired while trying to work or study? If you don’t already consume these foods, try adding them to your breakfast or mid-morning snack. Go ahead and give them a try!